CRM

MeredithB
Participant

Deleting old Import Names with zero contacts associated

SOLVE

We did some import testing that didn't go as planned and ended up deleting those contact records and trying again. Now, however, we have lots of import names with zero contacts associated in our account, so when I try to create a list based on filtering by Import Name, there are a lot of irrelevant Import Names with zero contacts associated. It's hard to get to the right ones with all of these extra names. I'd like to be able to delete these.

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Dunno of a way to delete the import/export history. Considering the likelihood of abuse, not sure this is even on HubSpot's roadmap.

Workaround:
Name all future imports using a special prefix syntax -- e.g., 'Import2019', 'Import2020', etc.. This will help you find relevant imports more quickly.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
CC2
Participant

SOLVE

Users need a way to remove them. Imagine how many imports companies will have after a couple of years, and they won't be able to remove old imports? This is just obvious in my opinion, that it needs to be addressed.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Dunno of a way to delete the import/export history. Considering the likelihood of abuse, not sure this is even on HubSpot's roadmap.

Workaround:
Name all future imports using a special prefix syntax -- e.g., 'Import2019', 'Import2020', etc.. This will help you find relevant imports more quickly.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
MeredithB
Participant

SOLVE

Having the ability to rename them would at least be helpful... when you are first starting out and testing, I don't think everyone is aware that those imports will be there in perpetuity..