CRM

Amy2
Mitglied

Deleting a contact email address

lösung

Is it possible to delete an existing contact's email address if you don't have a replacement address for the contact yet?  I have several folks that have left positions and I don't want to loose the history by deleting the entire record but don't have new email address yet.

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
MFrankJohnson
Lösung
Vordenker/-in

lösung

Q: Is it possible to delete an existing contact's email address if you don't have a replacement address for the contact yet??

Short A: It depends if you have HubSpot setup to allow contacts w/o email addresses. (optional, but not recommended)

Longer A:

Maybe consider replacing their email address with a nonsensical email address as follows.

- p e n d i n g - r e p l a c e m e n t 1 @ a c m e . c o m 

(obviously leaving out the spaces and keeping the original company domain name)

This format will allow you to achieve your objective (keep historical data) while being able to quickly pull up all contacts with 'pending-replacement' as part of their email address, AND you could make such email addresses part of a smart list (master exclusion list) so HubSpot never tries to send to them.

Good?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

MFrankJohnson
Lösung
Vordenker/-in

lösung

Is this solved for you @Amy2 ?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
3 Antworten
MFrankJohnson
Lösung
Vordenker/-in

lösung

Is this solved for you @Amy2 ?

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Lösung
Vordenker/-in

lösung

Q: Is it possible to delete an existing contact's email address if you don't have a replacement address for the contact yet??

Short A: It depends if you have HubSpot setup to allow contacts w/o email addresses. (optional, but not recommended)

Longer A:

Maybe consider replacing their email address with a nonsensical email address as follows.

- p e n d i n g - r e p l a c e m e n t 1 @ a c m e . c o m 

(obviously leaving out the spaces and keeping the original company domain name)

This format will allow you to achieve your objective (keep historical data) while being able to quickly pull up all contacts with 'pending-replacement' as part of their email address, AND you could make such email addresses part of a smart list (master exclusion list) so HubSpot never tries to send to them.

Good?

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
tjholcomb
Mitglied

lösung

No, Frank, this is not a good answer. Not only is it frustrating not to be able to clear an incorrect email address without deleting the entire contact, history and all, but the suggestion you made about setting HubSpot up to allow contacts w/o email addresses was misleading. From what I could find, that's only for submission forms being able to create contacts without an email address on the submission form.

I can upload a CVS file and create contacts without email addresses, but once an address is entered, it can't be removed. And there's no explanation, either. It doesn't make sense and it's frustrating.