CRM

enorberg
Contributor

Deleted users as deal owners

Hi,

When deleting a user, their deals no longer belong to a team. This causes issues with reporting, as the sales amount in the month of X can suddenly decrease retroactively, due to that person leaving the organisation.

What's the best way of dealing with this? Signing these deals over to another person on the team would give the wrong sales data for that person. I could create some "dummy" users, but would need one dummy user per sales team - that's a lot of fake users...

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
billwmartinez
Participant

@enorberg have you tried to limit all the permissions like removing all features and licenses then changing the password so the user does not login with the account instead of deleting the user?

• Change view / edit on Company, Contact and Deals to Owned Only.
  • Remove all access on Marketing.
  • Remove Sales Professional and Service Hub if you have those. 
  • No lists, forms, reporting....give them no access.  

Our company moves open deals to another rep to work and actually does delete the user.  We roll over the Company and Contacts to a new rep that takes over their territory so do hold onto the user account until the new hire comes.  

For your case it sounds like you still need to keep the person around though.  Stay away from the dummy users that sounds like a rabbit hole in my opinion.  

enorberg
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion @billwmartinez , it's probably as good as it gets with the current Hubspot set up. Ideally, deactived users should not be removed from their teams at all, so I'll just go ahead and put that in the ideas forum.

0 Upvotes