CRM

EmmaDew

Deleted all contacts and companies - now can't upload data again

Hi, 

I am a new user, I have deleted all companies and contacts uploaded this week as I didnt have the domain name added as the unique ID as well as the company name and also wanted to add some custom property fields. Data uploaded the first time round no problem but now have added the domain (same as company name) and some of our custom properties I am getting a INVALID_ALTERNATE_ID error. Email addresses are untouched and same as before and all mapping looking correct to me! Help! 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Hi @EmmaDew,

Welcome to the community.  According to this knowledgebase article, your error relates to an invalid value in an email address field:

"Invalid Alternate ID

The import file contained an invalid value imported as an email address. The import will not create a new record or update an existing record.

Update your import file with the correct email value and re-import."

Hope this helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
EmmaDew

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for the reply - on testing, it doesnt seem to be the emails its the 'domain' identifyer - we don't have web addresses for the contacts we are bulk loading and it seems that is the problem. I have raised a ticket with the support team to try and work out what my alternatives are. 

0 Upvotes