CRM

SHinojosa3
Contributor

Deleted Deals Archive

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

I'd like to find a way to have an archive of deleted deals. It would be nice if this information was kept with the Record ID property history. 

Is there a way to export the history of deleted deals?

If not, how do other companies handle this? Remove permission for anyone to delete deals and maybe place them in a Recycle Bin Stage in the pipeline?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deleted Deals Archive

SOLVE

Hi @SHinojosa3,

In that case, I would limit deletion permissions and set up an internal request process.

Here's what that process would look like:

1. The requesting user would not have deletion permissions.

2. You would create a custom deal property, single checkbox, and place it in the left deal record sidebar.

3. The checked box would enroll the deal into a workflow. The deal would have actions for adding the deal information as a new row in a Google Sheet (logging the deletion). It would also have an internal email notification to an admin about deleting the contact.

4. The admin would delete the contact.

Let me know if I should provide more detail.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deleted Deals Archive

SOLVE

Hi @SHinojosa3,

Could you elaborate on what you'd like to achieve or prevent? Are users deleting records they shouldn't be deleting? Do you need a log for record keeping?

Would for example the overview in the 'bin' be enough to have an overview of deleted records? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/restore-deleted-contacts-companies-deals-or-tickets

With a Professional subscription, you can also set up an internal request process where a user sets a request checkbox on the record, does not have delete permissions and the checkbox triggers a notification to a user who can delete.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MBaule
Participant

Deleted Deals Archive

SOLVE

Are you saying that there is no way to archive vs. deleting a deal no matter what happens to it? 

0 Upvotes
SHinojosa3
Contributor

Deleted Deals Archive

SOLVE

THis will mainly be for record keeping outside of hubspot. We found a way to be able to track merged deals, but deleted deals go unaccounted for in record keeping.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deleted Deals Archive

SOLVE

Hi @SHinojosa3,

In that case, I would limit deletion permissions and set up an internal request process.

Here's what that process would look like:

1. The requesting user would not have deletion permissions.

2. You would create a custom deal property, single checkbox, and place it in the left deal record sidebar.

3. The checked box would enroll the deal into a workflow. The deal would have actions for adding the deal information as a new row in a Google Sheet (logging the deletion). It would also have an internal email notification to an admin about deleting the contact.

4. The admin would delete the contact.

Let me know if I should provide more detail.

Karsten Köhler

SHinojosa3
Contributor

Deleted Deals Archive

SOLVE

Thank you so much for helping with this. I really like this solution. Could you expand a little on how the deal information would be added to a spreadsheet?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deleted Deals Archive

SOLVE

Hi @SHinojosa3, there is a specific workflow action for this, after integrating Google Sheets: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/add-data-to-google-sheets-with-workflows

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

SHinojosa3
Contributor

Deleted Deals Archive

SOLVE

Do you know if this can be done with Excel?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deleted Deals Archive

SOLVE

Hi @SHinojosa3,

Yes, in that case, you would need a third-party connector like Zapier. With Zapier, you could create a new row in an Excel file for each deal marked for deletion: https://zapier.com/apps/excel/integrations/hubspot

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler