CRM

RicardoCampos
Top Contributor

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

Hi again!

I would like to delete or modify tasks through a workflow, but it only allows to create it. 

If a important contact or deal property changes, maybe the task lose sense. 

Did anybody resolve this issue?

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

Hi Ricardo,

There is no way to natively do this as of yet. However, I found a few workarounds to help a little with this issue.

1. I have created lists on Activities with certain filters so that I can manually, bulk complete/edit them.

2. You can create a separate HubSpot account to use when assigning certain tasks via workflows. There are times when you may want to automate tasks for reporting and searching purposes without creating more work for users to view/close. The task still shows up on the contact's timeline. 

However, pulling lists or creating recurring reports on Activity properties and bulk editing sounds like your best option given the information presented.

I have created reports for this very purpose. For example, a sample report:

Activity property > Task Title contains any of Need to call 6/18 > AND call outcome is any of connected AND Activity date is any of 6/18. I would know to bulk complete the tasks.  

OR

Activity property > Task Title contains any of Follow Up AND Deal Properties > Close Date is Known. 

I apologize that I do not have a better solution at this time. Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
kennyeliason
Participant

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

Can't believe this isn't a thing! At least give us the ability to "cancel" a task so that it can be removed and tracked.

But there should definitely be a delete button too. So obvious.

0 Upvotes
LWest0
Contributor

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

Definitely need this - please prioritize! 

JBrasser
Participant

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

This would be a massive help when it comes to keeping a clean CRM and avoid users drowning in tasks (i.e. not having to spend half a day every quarter cleaning up all of your forgotten or overdue tasks)

BCampbell
Participant

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

+1 on this!

0 Upvotes
GGuérin
Participant

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

Hi @RicardoCampos ,

I managed to automatically bulk delete tasks in HubSpot using Make (formerly Integromat). You could probably use my scenario for your case. You can find more explanation in my Stack Overflow post

0 Upvotes
Alvaro_Sanz
Participant

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

Kind of a "dirty" / "crazy" solution here. Not automatic, but allows bulk editing / deleting. Given that you can only filter / order the Task table with very few properties (most of them, related to the task itself, but some related to contact / company - phone number, job title, email, timezone [**bleep**...]):

1. Create a workflow so that the contact property "job title" gets updated to "Delete task" (or whatever, evidently) whenever a related deal (with whatever filters you want) gets closed.
  2. Add the property "job title" to the tasks table.
  3. Filter all tasks with the "job title" of the associated contact as "Delete task".
  4. Delete / Edit the tasks as needed.
  5. Ideally, create a workflow to leave the property blank (e.g. after certain time has elapsed) - otherwise, any future tasks related to that contact will have the used property as "Delete task".

EXTRA: should you in fact use the Contact property (e.g. Job title) in your day-to-day operations, before doing any of the above, I'd just create an ad-hoc property "Job Title - OK", and (i) create a workflow to migrate all info I currently have in Property 1 to Property 2, (ii) deactivate that workflow, and (iii) ensure my processes / employees / workflows are aware / changed to use this new property. 

Anyway, absolutely OUTRAGEOUS to have to do this CRAZY workaround, when it should be something easy for HubSpot to implement. Having open tasks for Closed Deals makes no sense whatsoever.

Alvaro_Sanz_0-1660041507693.png

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

Hi @Alvaro_Sanz hope you are doing well 🙂

Thank you for sharing.

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
HBruce
Contributor

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

This is a MUST HAVE for us. We do a lot with Tasks but when a Deal or Ticket gets closed, we need to automatically close all the associated tasks and this can't be done via a workflow. I think this should be looked at.

lindahouben
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

+1 for this

StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

Hi Ricardo,

There is no way to natively do this as of yet. However, I found a few workarounds to help a little with this issue.

1. I have created lists on Activities with certain filters so that I can manually, bulk complete/edit them.

2. You can create a separate HubSpot account to use when assigning certain tasks via workflows. There are times when you may want to automate tasks for reporting and searching purposes without creating more work for users to view/close. The task still shows up on the contact's timeline. 

However, pulling lists or creating recurring reports on Activity properties and bulk editing sounds like your best option given the information presented.

I have created reports for this very purpose. For example, a sample report:

Activity property > Task Title contains any of Need to call 6/18 > AND call outcome is any of connected AND Activity date is any of 6/18. I would know to bulk complete the tasks.  

OR

Activity property > Task Title contains any of Follow Up AND Deal Properties > Close Date is Known. 

I apologize that I do not have a better solution at this time. Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
DBook9
Participant

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

I would love the ability to delete tasks via workflows... doing things manually is not fun :,(

0 Upvotes
Ahmad1

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

Hey Stefani,

Actually, after creating a list you can't bulk complete tasks. Those contacts with specific filter have to be in Tasks table ( you can't filter tasks with contacts filter).

RicardoCampos
Top Contributor

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

Thanks very much Stefani, is very useful. 

I´ll try it. 

Have a nice day!

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Delete or modify tasks

SOLVE

Hello @RicardoCampos 

At the moment you are not able to edit an existing task in a workflow only Create a task.

Since tasks are not properties, you are able to edit properties for example (change the contact owner).

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes