CRM

nbatta_coquette
Teilnehmer/-in

Delete deals

lösung

Hi Community, 

Trust all is well. I need to know if there is an option where I as an admin can disable 'delete' option on deals from my team's accounts. Basically, I want my team to close the deal (won or lost) rsther than deleting these. Any help with regards to how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Delete deals

lösung

Hi @nbatta_coquette, hi everyone,

HubSpot recently introduced a new set of permissions specifically for this. Admins can now create delete permissions by record type and user, separately from edit permissions (see the "Delete" column).

karstenkoehler_0-1623134391016.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! If you find this post useful, you can help the community (and make my day) by marking this post as a solution.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

10 Antworten
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Delete deals

lösung

Hi @nbatta_coquette, hi everyone,

HubSpot recently introduced a new set of permissions specifically for this. Admins can now create delete permissions by record type and user, separately from edit permissions (see the "Delete" column).

karstenkoehler_0-1623134391016.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! If you find this post useful, you can help the community (and make my day) by marking this post as a solution.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mgeorgieva
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Delete deals

lösung

Hey folks, 

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this idea and examples. We are looking into this problem area and wanted to see if an audit log of deletes, with an option to restore, can help here? One of the issues we're trying to look out for is that in a case where the sales rep is demo-ing contacts or deals or makes a mistake, it can be helpful for them to delete that vs increase the work for the admin. 

Today we support a recycle bin for contacts, deals, companies and tickets. It looks like this - https://www.evernote.com/l/AJeIToLNJFBITJKkMKxglVre9yT6o6OJNS8 and you can navigate to it from the home page of each of the above mentioned screens > Actions > Restore... 

Does this give you enough power to fix an accidental or intentional delete? Where does this fall short?

Best,

Maggie Georgieva

Product Manager

0 Upvotes
LyndseyM
Teilnehmer/-in

Delete deals

lösung

This definitely falls short. Admins should have the ability to set permissions for what can and cannot be deleted. I have 10 remote sales reps and none of them should have the ability to delete contacts, companies, deals, or tasks. It's honestly concerning that they currently have the ability to do so. 

0 Upvotes
niccid
Teilnehmer/-in

Delete deals

lösung

For me it falls short because we have to go in to restore to see something has even been deleted and we can't see who is doing the deleting. With deletes only being available for 90 days if we don't immediately realize something has been deleted in error we may not know to restore it until it's too late, leaving us with strange floating deals and more. I would prefer the option to set delete permissions for contacts vs companies separately.

At a minimum if the restore screen could have a search capability and also show who deleted the record that would be helpful at a glance so we could try and schedule spot checking of it. If our admins delete its generally fine but we have had reps delete companies and if we saw any of them we would have a closer look and likely restore the record.   

NicoleSengers
Ratgeber/-in | Elite Partner

Delete deals

lösung

A more detailed audit log would assist - I have at times asked HubSpot who deleted a specific deal/contact but this isnt a great solution - It would help to know who deleted and yes it would be even better to limit delete functionality by user/team permissions.

I also think that certain other things should limit delete functionality like with tasks - if a person deleted their tasks this would not be traceable at all - and this means that if you manage a team via a task this can create havoc.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
NicoleSengers

Delete deals

lösung

Hi there,

A similar idea was submitted here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Seperate-permissions-to-read-write-delete-contacts-co...

Perhaps upvote that idea as well 🙂

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
0 Upvotes
dperry
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Partner

Delete deals

lösung

I'm in the same boat. This is a sticky point for our management team. If I could revoke their privelages, I'd save myself a whole lot of stress.

nbatta_coquette
Teilnehmer/-in

Delete deals

lösung

Is there a way we can find that out?

0 Upvotes
dperry

Delete deals

lösung

I don't think it's an option as of yet. However, you can do so via a workflow if I'm not mistaken. I run into a similar issue at times when I bulk assign contacts to a new owner. I want to ensure the deal moves to the new owner as well. From my understanding there's no way of doing this neither so I've been creating workflows to move all deals to the new owner. 

Kind of a pain. I love HubSpot's software, but it has some issues that I'm hoping get ironed out in the near future. 

0 Upvotes
nbatta_coquette
Teilnehmer/-in

Delete deals

lösung

Thank you very much for your inputs. 

0 Upvotes