CRM

MeghanAlt
Participant

Delete contacts and go back to Company

SOLVE

When I go to a Company > Contacts  "View all __ in filtered view" > click on a Contact > and Delete that contact... can it go back to the Company page or the Contact page with the filter that is associated with the Company I was viewing? It always takes me back to the general Contacts page with no filters then I have to start all over again by going to the Company page and so on. 

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MeghanAlt,

This can indeed be a bit frustrating. You could suggest this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community which is monitored by the product team.

For an immediate solution, I'd recommend that – from the company overview – you open the next company record in a new tab (right lick, "open in new tab"). You can then make all changes in the new tab and close it when you're done. Your tab with the company overview will still be there.

This works in most areas of HubSpot and allows you to go back to the company overview without having to wait for it to load.

karstenkoehler_0-1618892091891.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @MeghanAlt,

(edit: beaten to it by @karstenkoehler, once again!  😉 For some reason, his post didn't show while I was replying, but did after I posted...  As ever, it's hard to put it better than Karsten, hence my post is more rambling but makes the same points...) 

I'd recommend posting this in the ideas forum, as it's not currently possible.  

Bear in mind, when you're working in a contact record, your browser is looking at a page (e.g. https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/YOURHUBID/contact/1234567 ).  Although HubSpot knows that this contact belongs to a company (e.g. https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/YOURHUBID/company/87654321  ) once you delete the contact, that link will disappear, so what's left to redirect your browser to the appropriate contact record?

My workaround for this, in the interim, is to open the contact in a new tab.  Per your post: you're working in a company with a list of filtered contacts.  Right-click on the contact and choose "open link in a new tab" (or ctrl+click in Chrome).  This will open the contact you're looking to delete in a new tab which you can close after deleting.  The original tab will show your filtered contact list in the company (which will still be open).  

Hope this helps 🙂

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing @jennysowyrda and for posting @MeghanAlt!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi everyone, 

Wanted to ensure the idea that @MeghanAlt created was associated with this conversation: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Delete-contacts-and-go-back-to-Company/idi-p/429576 in case anyone wants to give it an upvote or add their usecase. 

Thank you for creating the idea, Meghan! 🙂 

Thanks,

Jenny

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AdamLPW, happens to me on a regular basis, too haha. Cheers!

Karsten Köhler

AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @MeghanAlt,

(edit: beaten to it by @karstenkoehler, once again!  😉 For some reason, his post didn't show while I was replying, but did after I posted...  As ever, it's hard to put it better than Karsten, hence my post is more rambling but makes the same points...) 

I'd recommend posting this in the ideas forum, as it's not currently possible.  

Bear in mind, when you're working in a contact record, your browser is looking at a page (e.g. https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/YOURHUBID/contact/1234567 ).  Although HubSpot knows that this contact belongs to a company (e.g. https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/YOURHUBID/company/87654321  ) once you delete the contact, that link will disappear, so what's left to redirect your browser to the appropriate contact record?

My workaround for this, in the interim, is to open the contact in a new tab.  Per your post: you're working in a company with a list of filtered contacts.  Right-click on the contact and choose "open link in a new tab" (or ctrl+click in Chrome).  This will open the contact you're looking to delete in a new tab which you can close after deleting.  The original tab will show your filtered contact list in the company (which will still be open).  

Hope this helps 🙂

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MeghanAlt,

This can indeed be a bit frustrating. You could suggest this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community which is monitored by the product team.

For an immediate solution, I'd recommend that – from the company overview – you open the next company record in a new tab (right lick, "open in new tab"). You can then make all changes in the new tab and close it when you're done. Your tab with the company overview will still be there.

This works in most areas of HubSpot and allows you to go back to the company overview without having to wait for it to load.

karstenkoehler_0-1618892091891.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler