CRM

Oliver75
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Delete contact and automatically inform former owner?

lösung

Hi all,

We have an internal policy in place to automatically delete the contact from the CRM via API, if someone revokes his or her opt-in.

But I would love to let the former owner of this contact know about what happened. So is there a way of automatically sending a note to the former owner?

Cheers,
Oliver

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
thesnappingdog
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

@Oliver75 what kind of setup handles your API request? 

I'm assuming that when the opt out process is triggered (e.g its a workflow with opted out == true, send webhook request to X) then your server receives the contact ID that you then use to call the DELETE contact method 

https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/contacts/delete_contact

Right? 

If you're already working on the API level, you could always request contact owner email from the contact record _before_ you send the delete request, and then send an email to the owner via mailgun or something similar.

However, if it is indeed the workflow + webhook setup that you have going, you could simply just add a step to your workflow:

Unnamed workflow - Thu Oct 22 2020 20_56_25 GMT+0300 _ HubSpot 2020-10-22 20-58-18.jpg

All things considered though, Im assuming here you are using a webhook server + have access to workflows. If that's not the case please let me know what you are actually using to API delete contacts and I'll try to help out.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
thesnappingdog
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

@Oliver75 what kind of setup handles your API request? 

I'm assuming that when the opt out process is triggered (e.g its a workflow with opted out == true, send webhook request to X) then your server receives the contact ID that you then use to call the DELETE contact method 

https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/contacts/delete_contact

Right? 

If you're already working on the API level, you could always request contact owner email from the contact record _before_ you send the delete request, and then send an email to the owner via mailgun or something similar.

However, if it is indeed the workflow + webhook setup that you have going, you could simply just add a step to your workflow:

Unnamed workflow - Thu Oct 22 2020 20_56_25 GMT+0300 _ HubSpot 2020-10-22 20-58-18.jpg

All things considered though, Im assuming here you are using a webhook server + have access to workflows. If that's not the case please let me know what you are actually using to API delete contacts and I'll try to help out.

JessicaH
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @Oliver75,

Thanks for reaching out.

Currently, there's no out of the box solution for this, but I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions.

Hi @mike-ward @Gonzalo @thesnappingdog, would you be able to share your thoughts with @Oliver75?

Thanks!

Jess

PS: We also have a DACH Community now!

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes