CRM

CR2

Delete Custom Property: Will I lose the lists & Data I've created

Hallo,

I want to delete a custom property I've created, and recreate it with the dropdown box function. At the moment it's created with a single-line text function. Currently all the contacts contain data with this property I want to delete. I have exported the data. My quesiton however, if I delete this property, will the lists I've created containing this property automatically dissapear? Do I have to export all the lists as well, and reimport them?

Thanks 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
JacquelineOng
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Prior to deleting the property, you'll first need to ensure that it's not being used in any tools and no objects have a value for it.

There's a step-by-step guide here for how to remove properties in use here
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Community-Blog/How-to-remove-properties-in-use/ba-p/512359

Hope this helps! If my post answered your query, help the community by marking it as a solution 😀 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @CR2 

If you are planning to delete a custom property, you will need to ensure to remove that property everywhere that is being used ( including lists) otherwise HubSpot will give a note that before deleting "You can't delete this property because it's being used."

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 11.19.24 AM.png

After removing this property from where it is being used, you will be able to delete it.

This article here, explains more about properties. 

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes