CRM

Shalligan

Default Contact Property is missing

SOLVE

The default contact property "Membership Notes" that I've been using has disappeared. I've tried viewing and searching all properties and the field does not show up any more.

I have a saved filter where the column does display "hs_content_membership_notes" with populated data, however if you dive into the record, this property doesn't exist.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
nchumbita
Solution

SOLVE

Tuve el mismo problema. Desapareció el campo y no se encontraba entre las propiedades.

Creé la propiedad "hs_content_membership_notes" y reapareció toda la información cargada en ese campo en cada contacto.

//

I had the same problem. The field disappeared and it was not among the properties.

I created the property "hs_content_membership_notes" and all the information loaded in that field reappeared in each contact.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
nchumbita
Solution

SOLVE

Tuve el mismo problema. Desapareció el campo y no se encontraba entre las propiedades.

Creé la propiedad "hs_content_membership_notes" y reapareció toda la información cargada en ese campo en cada contacto.

//

I had the same problem. The field disappeared and it was not among the properties.

I created the property "hs_content_membership_notes" and all the information loaded in that field reappeared in each contact.

0 Upvotes
Shalligan

SOLVE

Hello nchumbita,

It worked and all the data is back. I guess the bigger question that HubSpot needs to answer is how this can "just happen" to a property in HubSpot - makes me a little wary.

I appreciate your help on this. Thank you so much.

// Muchas gracias.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Shalligan,

The change that caused this property to removed was reverted by the team to ensure that all data and information associated with the property was restored. If you are not seeing the expected data in your portal, please let me know. 

I apologize for any inconvenience or frustrations this experience caused, and I am here as a resource to ensure all of your concerns around this are addressed. Please let me know how I can provide further assistance regarding this matter.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

cc: @roisinkirby

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: The default contact property "Membership Notes" that I've been using has disappeared. I've tried viewing and searching all properties and the field does not show up any more. I have a saved filter where the column does display "hs_content_membership_notes" with populated data, however if you dive into the record, this property doesn't exist.

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

HubSpot view filters have the ability to show properties that do not appear under the About section in a record -- that's a separate setting. If you have permissions, you may set which properties appear in contact records for your login.
- see Select properties to show under the About section in a record

-ps
The contact property to which you refer is NOT one of >140 default HubSpot Contact properties.
- see HubSpot's default contact properties

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Shalligan

SOLVE

Hi Frank,

I have super admin permissions and so am able to view all properties. This was a default hubspot property. I distinctly remember opting to use it for contact notes as opposed to creating a custom "note" property. Also, I would never name a custom property "hs_content_membership_notes". It is indeed strange that it's not listed as a default property. I also have an export created last month with ALL properties exported and it includes that field. Unfortunately, we've since done a lot more work in this field so there is a lot of data missing.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Gotcha. We get it. You saw it. We believe you. That being said, maybe it was a property created by an integration, or another Super Admin. (happens all the time)

In either case, how do we fix you now?

If you can see the property as a view filter criteria that means it still exists in HubSpot. Were you able to add the property to your contact view?

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Shalligan

SOLVE

Thanks for the quick response Frank. I am the only super admin for HubSpot and we currently only have 3 active users - none of whom have permissions to write/edit/delete properties. As well, i know this was a default property (due to strange naming convention) and therefore it can't be deleted.

I can only view it in column form using a saved filter under contacts - and only the portion that shows on the screen. I've tried exporting that saved filter group using all properties option and viewed columns option and despite the fact that I have a partial view, that property does not export into the spreadsheet. I've also tried exporting all contacts with all properties and it doesn't show up either.

When I go to property settings, the property no longer exists - therefore I can't add it to any view.

It's the most bizarre thing because I was working in that field on Friday.  This could be a bug? Strange though because how do you explain the list of contact default properties on HubSpot website that doesn't list this property? I'm at a loss. Open to ideas....

InkedMembership Notes_LI.jpg

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

You wanna jump on a quick Zoom meeting and show me what you're seeing? Be here for a few ... If not, good luck ...

(confidential meeting link removed)

#nlmtt

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

- see hs_content_membership_notes in this dev thread.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes