CRM

ACarreras

Deals

SOLVE

Hello everyone! I a new to HB and I have just realised I have 2 deals opened for some accounts. I guess 1 per company and 1 per contact. Should I delete one and if so how and which one? Thanks in advance

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deals

SOLVE

Hi @ACarreras,

Deals are generally not created automatically. Before creating a new one, simply check in the right sidebar of a contact or company record if a deal exists already. It would show up under associated records (unless you manually removed the association).

In your current situation, it sounds like you could merge them, yes, if they are in fact referring to the same sales opportunity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
ACarreras

Deals

SOLVE

Ooooops...so I should merge them and also what is the best way of avoiding this to happen again?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deals

SOLVE

Hi @ACarreras,

Deals are generally not created automatically. Before creating a new one, simply check in the right sidebar of a contact or company record if a deal exists already. It would show up under associated records (unless you manually removed the association).

In your current situation, it sounds like you could merge them, yes, if they are in fact referring to the same sales opportunity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deals

SOLVE

Hi @ACarreras,

Deals can be associated with both contact and company at the same time. Unless one of the deals is obviously incorrect or referring to another opporunity, you can merge deals by following these  instructions: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/merge-deals

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
ACarreras

Deals

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, thank you very much for your response. Very helpful! So, the fact that I see two deals is because they are linked to both the contact and the company? Thanks again

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deals

SOLVE

Hi @ACarreras,

No, one deal only appears once. This sounds like a duplicate.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes