Deals sold in stages over timeSOLVE
a month ago
We are a design / architectural practice. We have projects (Deals) that are delivered in stages. Let's assume there are 3 stages of design work to a Deal. Right now we are having to create a separate Deal for each stage, which is causing an admin burden and wastes time. We need to have all stages under a Deal, be able to assign a revenue value to each stage, and have each stage have its own timing, with the total value of all stages summing to the total deal value. Does anyone know how to achieve this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
4 weeks ago
Hi @2875292 ,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I don't understand why Alternative 2, having a project per pipeline would not work?
- having a project per pipeline would still allow you to gather total X value for each project
- Pipeline 1 = Fee Stage 1 = £10K
- Pipeline 2 = Fee Stage 2 = £15K
- Pipeline 3 = Fee Stage 3 = £5K
- with a deal-based workflow, you could have the same deal (no need to create multiple deals) traveling from one pipeline to the other, as soon as it has reached the end of a fee stage.
- As a result, you only create one deal, which travels from one pipeline to the other thanks to automation, still being able to report on the overall deal amount £ with custom reports.
Visual representation of my solution:
These articles would also help you understand my alternative:
Let me know if this helps?