CRM

HHH
Participante

Deals - How can I bulk update Deal properties?

resolver

I am trying to import properties/values to update fields in Deal records, such as 'Amount' and 'Hubspot Owner'.

I created a csv with four records where the 'Deal Name' was identical with the record I wanted updated in Hubspot.  Unfortunately, the Import created duplicate records.

Is there a bulk way to update Deal values?

1 Solução aceita
Dylan
Solução
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

resolver

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your comments and feedback here. I'm excited to let you all know that this feature is now widely supported in HubSpot, you can import using Object ID (contact, company, deal, ticket) as of today. There are a handful of other capabilities along with this that you may find interesting - the full details are broken down in this blog post.

Exibir solução no post original

7 Respostas 7
Dylan
Solução

resolver

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your comments and feedback here. I'm excited to let you all know that this feature is now widely supported in HubSpot, you can import using Object ID (contact, company, deal, ticket) as of today. There are a handful of other capabilities along with this that you may find interesting - the full details are broken down in this blog post.

ashley_milne
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

@HHH

Yes, you can bulk-update deals, but you have to use a 3rd party tool at this time (as other users have noted, HubSpot does not have this functionality at this time). 

I'd recommend using Import2 Wizard, as the steps are quite simple (and we've already successfully helped quite a few HubSpot users with similar requests!). You would still need the HubSpot unique deal ID to do the update, but, we are working on adding the feature to use name or other deal fields  as the unique identifier in addition to ID. Assuming you don't have your ID's already, you will use the following steps:

1. Download your HubSpot deals into CSV, being sure to check "include all properties"

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 12.05.48.png

2. Use this CSV to update the deal fields you need (you can use VLOOKUP for this if you have your updated deal data in another spreadsheet and you don't want to manually copy it over - guide)

Screen Shot on 2018-07-27 at 12_08_29.png

3. Start a "New Update" with Import2 Wizard, where you upload this CSV you created and map the fields you wish to update (note: you can update all fields, including associated contact/company, amount, owner, custom fields, etc. with this method). 

Screenshot 2018-07-27 12.14.42.png

0 Avaliação positiva
lknight2591
Participante

resolver

The ability to bulk update deal properties seems like a pretty easy feature to add, and would be immensefully helpful.

Phil_Vallender
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @lknight2591

You can bulk edit deals once they are in HubSpot. More info here: How do I bulk edit contacts, companies, tasks, or deals?

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Avaliação positiva
lknight2591
Participante

resolver

You can't bulk edit all  properties, for example Associated Company, Associated Contact etc. except through the API. This is a simple functionality that is included in other CRMS like Salesforce where you can associate based on bulk upload, matching on Company and Contact ID. 

Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @HHH

Unfortunately, deals do not have a deduplication field currently, meaning it is not possible to import updates to existing deals, yet. 

More info here: How do I import Deals to the CRM?

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Avaliação positiva
HHH
Participante

resolver

Paul,

Thanks for the response.  This is disappointing, but I understand.  Do you know if there is a way to update Properties for specific Deal records through the API?

Thanks,

Hugh

0 Avaliação positiva