CRM

RRetreatInc

Deals, Contacts and Payments

SOLVE

Hello! We are pretty new to HubSpot. 

I am trying to figure out what the best way to organize our deals is. We have events, several contacts attend, and they all make different payments. Would the best way be to create one deal and associate all the contacts to that deal? If so, how could I keep track of each contact's payments as they come? The other option I was thinking was to create a deal for each contact. Would this create an unnecessarily large amount of deals and become a mess? 

Thank you! 

1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RRetreatInc 

You could create a Product for each ticket type then add the Products to your Deal as Line Items.

That way you'd get multiple tickets in one Deal and you can report on the Deals and Products separately.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
SCounceller
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @RRetreatInc

I'm part of the HubSpot Product Team and work with the payment links tool. Another option is to have your payment link automatically create a deal when the customer purchases. When your customers pays, there will automatically be a Payment associated on the Contact record. This toggle allows you to have a deal automatically created/associated. Let me know if you have questions and happy to discuss further. 

SCounceller_0-1666200443054.png

Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RRetreatInc 

You could create a Product for each ticket type then add the Products to your Deal as Line Items.

That way you'd get multiple tickets in one Deal and you can report on the Deals and Products separately.

Have fun

Mike