CRM

nicolemrosario7

Deals Connected to Contacts Not the Company ...

SOLVE

Hello! I've inherited a Hubspot system that was set up before me. The Deals are currently set to the contact and not the Company so that when a user is no longer with the company or unfortunately passes away, they have to keep the record in Hubspot in order to not lose the Deal/Sale history. What steps can I take to stop this from happening moving forward so that the deals are connected to the Company and not an individual person?

And, is there a way to quickly and easily undo the way they have been doing it before? 

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @nicolemrosario7,

In most cases, I would recommend associating the deal with BOTH the contact and the company. There is value in maintaining the historic information there as it took place when the deal activity happened.

Also to note, even if a contact passes away or leaves, you don't lose the historic information in a deal. The deal lives separate from the contact and company, even when associated. 

That being said, I still recommend associating with both company and contact.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @nicolemrosario7,

In most cases, I would recommend associating the deal with BOTH the contact and the company. There is value in maintaining the historic information there as it took place when the deal activity happened.

Also to note, even if a contact passes away or leaves, you don't lose the historic information in a deal. The deal lives separate from the contact and company, even when associated. 

That being said, I still recommend associating with both company and contact.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @nicolemrosario7,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions.
Hi @ConnorSlivensky @Dan1 @Josh, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes