CRM

BrianCarter
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Deal properties usage report?

lösung
Hey there!

Does anyone know of a way to pull a deal properties usage report? I'm seeking to understand the usage of all of the deal properties.

Not looking to export the history, but to be able to visualize what percentage of each deal property is filled out vs. how many there are total. My end goal is to be able to tell which properties team members use the most/least.

Open to integrated tools as well.

Thanks!

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
ramatoG2
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hi, Brian! 

Unfortunately, I've never been able to export this information in bulk, though I agree that it would be nice to have. What I've done instead is a very manual process:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click on "Properties" in the left nav.
  3. Filter by "Deal properties." 
  4. Click the "Edit" button next to the property. 
  5. Select the "Basic info" tab. 

This will give you the number of deals with a known property value (for example, 5,161 out of 26,402, or 19.5%). I've then manually added the known value into Excel, where the property name is in column A and the number of known values in column B. Once all the properties and known values have been recorded in Excel, you'll be able to plug in equations and have Excel do the math for you. As I said, unfortunately, a manual process, but it works.

Hope that helps!

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 2.45.36 PM.png

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 Antworten
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @BrianCarter,

While you can create filtered views and lists based on properties being "known", this would not allow for cross comparison between two properties, which it sounds like you are looking for. 

@louischausse@JustinPerkinsC@ramatoG2 do you have any suggestions for @BrianCarter?

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
BrianCarter
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hey Jenny,

That would be ideal! Even an export that shows all the deal properties and what their percentages of usage are since 2019. I could visibly see this data and compare it by looking at it if this were possible.

Example:

• X was filled in on 26% of the deals
  • Y had 34%
  • Z had 4%

Best,

Brian

0 Upvotes
ramatoG2
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hi, Brian! 

Unfortunately, I've never been able to export this information in bulk, though I agree that it would be nice to have. What I've done instead is a very manual process:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click on "Properties" in the left nav.
  3. Filter by "Deal properties." 
  4. Click the "Edit" button next to the property. 
  5. Select the "Basic info" tab. 

This will give you the number of deals with a known property value (for example, 5,161 out of 26,402, or 19.5%). I've then manually added the known value into Excel, where the property name is in column A and the number of known values in column B. Once all the properties and known values have been recorded in Excel, you'll be able to plug in equations and have Excel do the math for you. As I said, unfortunately, a manual process, but it works.

Hope that helps!

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 2.45.36 PM.png

JustinPerkinsC
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

Hey Brian,

Have you tried doing export and selecting the "export all properties" radio button? In the system I think would be hard to do except by going property by property to see values and items. This still might be interesting to do depending on how many custom values you are doing just to get a feel for some of the data. 

Edit: Just to add my suggestion would need a little excel magic after versus having the system do the general % for you.

You would do this export from the main deals board versus build an actual report for it. 

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
JustinPerkinsC
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

Just an example of a quick in system one (I did hide the percentages and numbers just to avoid some data being shown). Again this would be a one-off example but you could just tweak and leverage the same report and change how you are grouping to see what is and isn't really being used. The benefit of doing this a bit more in the system if you can filter data ranges, etc a bit easier here than trying to do it all out of excel.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Might not be the perfect solution but hopefully a bit of help. 

JP

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin