CRM

hiramshirata
Participant

Deal contact association

Hi,

I use hubspot information mainly from a SQL perspective (I have 2 tables, one with contacts, the other with deals). The trouble I have is that there is some contacts that have profile information different from that in the deal, I use email to associate a deal to a contact, but when they are different I miss the association. Is there a property that associates (strongly) each deal to a contact? Or even, it's possible to create a property (in the deal) that receives the contact id, or conversely?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
aragon023
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Deal contact association

@hiramshirata I believe a good place to start is here:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/import-objects#import-separate-files-to-create-and-associate...

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-your-import-file

Basically at the contact level HS revises either email or contact ID.  For deals, we checked ID too, so these two/three properties are the ones you need to make sure they map correctly when you are importing. The articles above will provide more in-depth information. 

0 Upvotes
hiramshirata
Participant

Deal contact association

Hi aragon023,

Thanks for the reply! 

I guess my issue is the other way around, I'm working with an exported data. The way contacts and deals are generated is rather automatic, contacts are generated by a tag in our website, and the deals are generated according to triggers in the flow. Inside the hubspot platform everything is fine, I can see properly each deal associated to some contact; my challenge is on the exported tables, to find a strong mapping between deals and contacts. 

0 Upvotes
hiramshirata
Participant

Deal contact association

Answering my own question (-_-) I found a property that may help with that association in the deals table: hs_analytics_source_data_2_sourceid. This property holds for each deal a text which informs the associated unique contact id (vid). Not a definitive solution, but it complements well the cases where other keys are flawed.

0 Upvotes