CRM

traviskl
Contributor

Deal Pipeline Management

SOLVE

In your Deal pipeline, do you allow deals to move backward in the process? Trying to set rules for my team and deciding between two options:

1. If it has to move backwards, mark as closed lost and open a new deal when appropriate. 

2. Let them move back a stage. 

Does option 2 screw up any analytics reporting? Thanks for any insight.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deal Pipeline Management

SOLVE

Hi @traviskl,

Could you share an example or explanation for why a deal would move backwards?

Generally, HubSpot expects deals to go foward and not backward. Funnel reports and sales analytics are also set up to reflect that.

Depending on how deal stages are named and defined, deals should not be allowed to go back. For example, if you have a "Quote sent" stage which is defined by having sent the quote, a quote can't be unsent.

The more context you share, the better I'll be able to help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deal Pipeline Management

SOLVE

Hi @traviskl,

Could you share an example or explanation for why a deal would move backwards?

Generally, HubSpot expects deals to go foward and not backward. Funnel reports and sales analytics are also set up to reflect that.

Depending on how deal stages are named and defined, deals should not be allowed to go back. For example, if you have a "Quote sent" stage which is defined by having sent the quote, a quote can't be unsent.

The more context you share, the better I'll be able to help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

traviskl
Contributor

Deal Pipeline Management

SOLVE

We have some deals where we've sent the quotes, but the client has stopped replying. We should likely mark those as Closed Lost and then create a new deal when the client engages. Does that sound right to you? Any other advice?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deal Pipeline Management

SOLVE

Hi @traviskl,

Correct, those deals should be marked as closed lost. If the opportunity comes back, you would create a new deal.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler