CRM

bscipione

Deal ID

SOLVE

I'd like to be able to create a custom Deal Id that stays in sequential order when creating a new Deal. Looks like the deal id's currently create sequentially but for all HubSpot users? We use the Free version so calculations are not an option so I'm stumped on what we can do. Any help would be great!

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Deal ID

SOLVE

Hi @bscipione,

Unfortanately I don't know of a great option for you. You won't be able to modify the automated deal ID. You may have to create a new custom property for your internal deal id and manually increase the ID number. 

Some of our clients also use the deal name to reference their internal deal ID. This may also reference another system not connected to HubSpot. For example, an ID pulled from their ERP system or accounting software. 

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Josh
Solution

Deal ID

SOLVE

Hi @bscipione,

Unfortanately I don't know of a great option for you. You won't be able to modify the automated deal ID. You may have to create a new custom property for your internal deal id and manually increase the ID number. 

Some of our clients also use the deal name to reference their internal deal ID. This may also reference another system not connected to HubSpot. For example, an ID pulled from their ERP system or accounting software. 

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes