CRM

EbarakHossain
Top Contributor

Deal Filtering

SOLVE

Hi, 

I need to filter Deals that have no task associated with them and vice versa. How do I do that? For example, I have deals that have Tasks as follow up and also have deals that have no Tasks associated. How to filter both types of Deals separately?  And during filtering is it possible to exclude a specific Deal stage. 

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.

Cheers!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deal Filtering

SOLVE

Hi @EbarakHossain,

Unfortunately, this is currently not supported. Tasks don't behave like the usual objects (contacts, companies, deals, tickets), so filtering options are limited or not available at all.

The only workaround that I'm aware of would be a custom cross-object report. These are only available in Professional and Enterprise subscriptions. Under Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report, you would create a cross-object report between Companies and Activities. Let me know if you want further details on this workaround.

(Funnily enough, it's possible to easily filter contact and companies by tasks. When you create a list, you can select Activity properties under Filter type. Searching for 'task', you now have several options to filter contacts and companies by task characteristics.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Deal Filtering

SOLVE

Hi @EbarakHossain,

Unfortunately, this is currently not supported. Tasks don't behave like the usual objects (contacts, companies, deals, tickets), so filtering options are limited or not available at all.

The only workaround that I'm aware of would be a custom cross-object report. These are only available in Professional and Enterprise subscriptions. Under Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report, you would create a cross-object report between Companies and Activities. Let me know if you want further details on this workaround.

(Funnily enough, it's possible to easily filter contact and companies by tasks. When you create a list, you can select Activity properties under Filter type. Searching for 'task', you now have several options to filter contacts and companies by task characteristics.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EbarakHossain
Top Contributor

Deal Filtering

SOLVE

Hey @karstenkoehler, you are awesome and very kind as always. Many thanks, buddy.