CRM

lhehr
Participant

Deal Attachment Logging

SOLVE

I know there is a setting that enables and disables email attachment logging which we have disabled. A previous Manager asked to have this disabled and the reasoning wasn't very clear other than some people had concerns about attachments being saved in Hubspot that were potentially confidential. 

My question is, and may be a stupid one but are the only people who can see the attachments the people who the attachment is sent to and the people who have access to the portal? 

I can't see enabling this to be a downside but all of our sales guys stopped uploading attachments to their deals which seems like it isn't very productive or effective and I would like them to start using this functionality again however I need to put their minds at ease. 

Can anyone provide me the advantages and disadvantages to enabling this feature?

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Deal Attachment Logging

SOLVE

Hi @lhehr,

Even if those files aren't publicly available outside of HubSpot, the other internal users would still be able to access them via the file manager.  If there is sensitive information on those files please keep that in mind when considering the automatic attachment. That would be the most significant disadvantage for you.

The advantage is time-saving and ensuring that attachments are included without relying on a rep to upload the attachments themselves.  However, given the said disadvantage above and the nature of the document, that might not be enough of a reason to go back to auto-attaching.

I hope that helps!

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
lhehr
Participant

Deal Attachment Logging

SOLVE

Thank you Josh for your help! That's what I was thinking. Will discuss with the team and see how they would like to approach it!

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

Deal Attachment Logging

SOLVE

Hi @lhehr,

Even if those files aren't publicly available outside of HubSpot, the other internal users would still be able to access them via the file manager.  If there is sensitive information on those files please keep that in mind when considering the automatic attachment. That would be the most significant disadvantage for you.

The advantage is time-saving and ensuring that attachments are included without relying on a rep to upload the attachments themselves.  However, given the said disadvantage above and the nature of the document, that might not be enough of a reason to go back to auto-attaching.

I hope that helps!

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer