Dates missing or parse fail (UK format) in Deals import from CSV/XLSXSOLVE
Feb 18, 2020 4:17 PM
New account. Importing 300 Deals via .XLSX (and also tried .CSV) (along with Notes, Contacts and Companies)
Everything is UK English date format, i.e.:
- spreadsheet is dd/mm/yyyy
- Hubspot is also UK dd/mm/yyyy both in Settings>Account Defaults and also Settings>Basic Info
- Windows 10 in UK date format too
When I import the Deals spreadsheet (Start an Import>File from Computer>One file>Multiple Objects), as soon as I get to the Field Mapping screen, the three sample dates are already showing as US format (mm-dd-yyyy).
If I on the import wizard Final Details page, I pick the UK format from the drop-down (which is how the spreadsheet is formatted), every date produces a parsing error.
If I leave the 'Final Details' drop down in the wrong US format, the data imports without errors.
BUT the Close Date is MISSING on every imported Deal. (Other dates, like Dreate Date are fine)
I even tried creating the Excel format with US date formats but the issue prevails.
1. Why does Hubspot's field mapping preview screen show the wrong date format (wrong for the source CSV and wrong for system and user settings)?
And more importantly...
2. Why is every Close Date missing from the import and how can I fix it? (Is the UK/US date format issue/bug a red herring/unrelated to the missing Close Dates?)
Any help appreciated. Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
Feb 25, 2020 3:45 PM
It looks like you are mapping the close date to a contact property as opposed to a deal property. Are you able to see a deal property for "close date" when you click into the fields to map to?