CRM

kropfy247
Participant

Date Property On Company Form Trigger/Logic

SOLVE

Creating a Date Property on a Company record is useless as you cannot trigger any workflows based on this date. There are multiple reasons for this. We track certain contract renewals on the company record. Quarterly/half yearly reviews and reminders to schedule etc etc. 

If you can use a date filed as a trigger on a contact, why not a Company?

1 Accepted solution
warrendavey
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kropfy247 - Great question! I don't know what challenge specifically you were having, but I tried answering with this video as part of our question of the day.

https://youtu.be/pDClDHW9Vu0

Let me know if this helps.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
warrendavey
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @kropfy247 - Great question! I don't know what challenge specifically you were having, but I tried answering with this video as part of our question of the day.

https://youtu.be/pDClDHW9Vu0

Let me know if this helps.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

kropfy247
Participant

SOLVE

This is interesting. Our dates are future dates. I am battling to see how you would do this with your explanation. 

Eg. the renwal is 01/06/2021. We need to be alerted 3 months before that time. 

0 Upvotes
warrendavey

SOLVE

Here is how the setup would work:

• Trigger: Renewal Date is 90 days from today.
  • Action: Create Task.

The automation will trigger when it is 3 months from the renewal date.

So if the renewal is 1/06/2021 then the task will be created around October 6, 2020 in this case.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

0 Upvotes
kropfy247
Participant

SOLVE

Im still battling to see how that is 90 dyas before a future date?

0 Upvotes
warrendavey

SOLVE

So the Trigger means the criteria that causes the following actions in a workflow.

If the renewal date is set to 1/06/2021, I am telling the trigger to start the automation (my next action listed at that point) when it is 90 days before then. 

The next action is then a task alert (could also be a text or internal email) that immediately can be sent when the workflow is triggered.

Try building what I showed you and test it out.  Set a renewal date for 91 days from now and then create the renewal at 90 days.  See if it triggers correctly.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

0 Upvotes