Data transfer to US server from Europe

Highlighted
New Contributor

Dear All, 

more and more of our customer are presenting us new directives which defines rules for possible data transfers from Europe to US:

"Die Verarbeitung und Nutzung der Daten findet ausschließlich in einem Mitgliedstaat der
Europäischen Union (EU) oder einem anderen Vertragsstaat des Europäischen
Wirtschaftsraumes (EWR) statt. Jedwede Verlagerung der Daten in ein Drittland bedarf der vorherigen schriftlichen Zustimmung des Auftraggebers und darf nur erfolgen, wenn die Voraussetzungen des Kapitels V der DSGVO erfüllt sind."

It means in english that any data transfer from Europe to US-servers is prohibited without any written allowance in advance.

Due to the Hubspot data cloud system all data are transferred from Europe to US and that becones a real risc for our business with existing and new customers. 

Does any other Hubspot user has the same problem and is there any solution for this in place?

Michael

2 Replies 2
Top Contributor

@Goepfa 

Sorry, I don't have a direct answer for you.  This sounds like a security risk and may require you to read over the security guidelines and GDPR of HubSpot.  I would also look in your local community for a HubSpot User Group that could provide a greater local context. 

New Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply. I am also trying to find a solution via the German network.

The problem is not a data security problem, it is caused by directives of the "big OEMS".

Microsoft has already reacted, they are guaranteeing that all european data stay within a european cloud and are not transferred to US. That is waht we need also on the Hubspot side.

Michael