CRM

KimFerris
Participant

Data Validation - Warning/Error Messages

SOLVE

Hi Everyone.. I'm wondering if there is Workflow that I am missing that creates a warning message to the user based on certain criteria.

Warning Message:

Let's say for example, the user moves the Deal to a new stage and Field X = is empty

Field Y = No

Field X = Yes

When user moves the stage a warning message says "Are you sure? X is blank Y is No and X is Yes. Option to say... yes I'm sure and option to no, i'll fix it.

Error Message

If drop down field X = yes and

drop down field Y = yes and 

drop down field Z = no then Error Message says... "I'm sorry you can't select no if X= Yes and Y=Yes"

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KimFerris,

This is unfortunately not possible. There are required properties when moving a deal from stage to stage but these can currently not be dependent on each other.

Other users have already asked for this feature and it's being reviewed by the HubSpot product team: Field Dependencies for Contact Properties

As an interim solution, you could use deal-based workflows to check when certain properties are left empty or incorrectly filled. In those cases you could send an internal email notification to the Deal owner. Not ideal, as it's not immediate, I know.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KimFerris,

This is unfortunately not possible. There are required properties when moving a deal from stage to stage but these can currently not be dependent on each other.

Other users have already asked for this feature and it's being reviewed by the HubSpot product team: Field Dependencies for Contact Properties

As an interim solution, you could use deal-based workflows to check when certain properties are left empty or incorrectly filled. In those cases you could send an internal email notification to the Deal owner. Not ideal, as it's not immediate, I know.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes