Data Protection for the FREE service

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

I use the FREE version of hubspot and need to know if my customer data is protected with you and not shared or sold with third parties.  Soon GDPR compliance may tighten up regulation of European business using cloud services hosted outside Europe.  Also, if a service like this is FREE it is often for a reason as of course, Hubspot has to make money.  So I need to confirm my customers data is secure otherwise sadly I will have to stop using the service.  Thanks to anyone that can help

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Esteemed Advisor

Hi, @ahamaton. While employees like @roisinkirby or @jennysowyrda would have to confirm for certain, as a former HubSpot employee (last worked there January 2017), I can tell you the data-selling practices you're asking about were not part of my experience. 

HubSpot's goal is to convert free users into paying users, and not to share or sell data with third parties. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thanks for that

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @ahamaton

Thanks for the tag @bradmin!

You own the customer data that you create in the HubSpot products. For more information, please see our Terms of Service, 3. Customer’s Proprietary Rights section - it can be found under section "E." https://legal.hubspot.com/terms-of-service

Thank you,
Jenny 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes