CRM

fellipeelias
Membre

DUPLICATE ROW CONTENT

Résolue

I am trying to import a big list of Companies (15.000) using an .xlsx file, each Company has 49 properties. For example State, and of course, this State property will repeat in more than one Company.  HubSpot cannot import these Companies because the row has the same content as one of the previous 4 rows. Of course, they have ... is not the Name or Company domain, is common property.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Gold

DUPLICATE ROW CONTENT

Résolue

Hi @fellipeelias 

We've faked a domain name to create separate branches of a company.

We joined State, a Dot and the Domain name (e.g. state.domain.com) in a new column in the import file. Then we mapped the new column to the Domain so it tricks HubSpot into thinking each state is a different Company (because it doesn't de-duplicate on the domain name). The only problem is that there's no relationship between those companies.

The only way to effectively import the data, with relationships between companies (i.e. Parent Child where "Branch" is a child of "Company") is to build a Custom Importer.

Have fun

Mike

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

DUPLICATE ROW CONTENT

Résolue

Hi @fellipeelias 

We've faked a domain name to create separate branches of a company.

We joined State, a Dot and the Domain name (e.g. state.domain.com) in a new column in the import file. Then we mapped the new column to the Domain so it tricks HubSpot into thinking each state is a different Company (because it doesn't de-duplicate on the domain name). The only problem is that there's no relationship between those companies.

The only way to effectively import the data, with relationships between companies (i.e. Parent Child where "Branch" is a child of "Company") is to build a Custom Importer.

Have fun

Mike