CRM

softlightdan
Participante

DUPLICATE_ALTERNATE_ID

resolver

Hi Everyone, 

I just completed an 'companies' import and i had quite a lot of duplicates.  The error code was DUPLICATE_ALTERNATE_ID and the reason was (for example) 

"Alternate ID 'companyname.com' was already used in this import on line 38"

I think it means that the domain name is already associated with another company also listed in the import.  If so, how do i add companies with the same company name, domain but different addresses into Hubspot?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

DUPLICATE_ALTERNATE_ID

resolver

Hi @softlightdan,

For companies, HubSpot uses the company domain name (the company's website domain) as a unique identifier. If this unique identifier appears twice or more times in an import file, this causes an error.

If you have several companies with the same company name, e.g. ACME, this wouldn't cause a problem as long as they have distinct company domain names, e.g. acme.org, acme.com, acme.net. (Should ACME appear several times with the same domain name, that's a sign that these rows are actually duplicates since they have the same unique identifier.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
MMerl
Participante

DUPLICATE_ALTERNATE_ID

resolver

Same issue here, we have several independent branches that we want to target individually but still they share the same domain-base. 

We contacted the support and also got the hint to use the parent-child relation. 

In our case we worked around that via not uploading the domains at all - so the column for those "Duplicates" is empy in the upload file. 

0 Me gusta
katlud
Participante

DUPLICATE_ALTERNATE_ID

resolver

Hi, I'm having the same issue today. I have companies that have the same domain but different street addresses. Did you manage to solve this?

0 Me gusta
PamCotton
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

DUPLICATE_ALTERNATE_ID

resolver

Hello @katlud I would recommend as an option To add a parent or child company to an existing company record 

I hope this helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

DUPLICATE_ALTERNATE_ID

resolver

Hi @softlightdan,

For companies, HubSpot uses the company domain name (the company's website domain) as a unique identifier. If this unique identifier appears twice or more times in an import file, this causes an error.

If you have several companies with the same company name, e.g. ACME, this wouldn't cause a problem as long as they have distinct company domain names, e.g. acme.org, acme.com, acme.net. (Should ACME appear several times with the same domain name, that's a sign that these rows are actually duplicates since they have the same unique identifier.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

softlightdan
Participante

DUPLICATE_ALTERNATE_ID

resolver

I do not see how this answered my question, my question was how do I ADD duplicate domains (or companies) with different addresses?