CRM

Mario_Barbosa
Participant

DELETE ALL CONTACTS AT ONCE SEENS TO BE IMPOSSIBLE

SOLVE

Hi

I tried several times to deletes all contacts and in fact (even selecting all contacts and writing the number of contacts to be deleted ) the system only delete a partial number of contacts.

Thanks, for some advice

Mário Barbosa

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Mario_Barbosa,

The checkbox at the top of your contacts view will select all the contacts on the current page. A prompt will then appear in the middle of the page offering to select all contacts in the current view - can you confirm if you have selected this option? 

Here is a screenshot for reference:

Contacts.png

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21
PHunter

SOLVE

The issue everyone here has is that sometimes you need to delete thousands of contacts, the UI for that is difficult to understand (edited: but I finally got it!)

CBoon
Participant

SOLVE

I can't believe there is not an option to "Delete All" contacts associated with a user or other filter. Deleting 100 at a time, which is the current max amount you can delete is ridiculous. #MickeyMouseGames 

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @CBoon,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I just double checked in my own account and the "Select all" option should be available even if you apply a filter, it should look like this: 

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 14.39.19.png 

This will select all the contacts in the filtered view. After that, you can delete all contacts by entering the No of contacts you wish to delete in the pop-up window: 

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 14.44.56.png

I hope this helps, don't hesitate to reach out if you're not able to reproduce this in your account. 

Cheers,

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

AETechDesignCJ
Participant

SOLVE

I haven't found a way to delete all contacts at once, but I got pretty close.  Once you click 'Contacts' it will bring up the list which defaults to 25 per page.  Select 100 from the drop-down at the bottom of the page in order to capture the most you can at one time.  Scroll back to the top of the contacts and click the empty box to select all 100.  You may then click 'Permanently delete'.  A pop-up box will say, "Delete 100 contacts?" and have a gray 100 in the box.  Type 100 over this which verifies you are agreeing to deleting all 100.  Then click Delete and you're done with this page.  If you have 10,000 contacts, this will take much longer than it took for my 1000 contacts.  Good luck.  (Why did I want to delete all 1000?  I uploaded the wrong CV file with old/unvetted information.  Oops!)

Billy_madison
Participant

SOLVE

Solved my problem thanks!

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Mario_Barbosa,

The checkbox at the top of your contacts view will select all the contacts on the current page. A prompt will then appear in the middle of the page offering to select all contacts in the current view - can you confirm if you have selected this option? 

Here is a screenshot for reference:

Contacts.png

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
FJamati
Participant

SOLVE

i do no receive the pop out message for all my contacts 

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @FJamati hope you are doing well!

I just tried in my own portal to confirm, and it is working properly. Could you please clear cookies and cache or use an incognito window, sing in, try the process again and let me know if it works? 🙂

Thanks,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

FJamati
Participant

SOLVE
Hey!

it worked, the pop out came up, but it did not delete everything.
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @FJamati I try to reproduce the behavior but still working properly in my end. Do you mind trying the same process?

Thanks, 

Diana

¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

FJamati
Participant

SOLVE
i've tried again and nothing gets deleted!
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Could you please create a video with the whole process, since deleting cookies and cache all times, and the exact process you are doing, to see where can be the issue? 

Please send me a direct message with the video 🙂

Thanks

silsolvaughan
Participant

SOLVE

YOU ARE MY HERO! DA BEST

allmyneedsonlin

SOLVE

I have a problem with bulk delete for deleting contacts on all my accounts, I tried with super Admin and with an other account with the previllege of bulk delete, I serached on community and there is no response on that and finally I open support ticket.anyone have anyone have an  idea? 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @allmyneedsonlin,

Were you able to get this sorted through your support ticket? 

0 Upvotes
ChrisSiteLens
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having the same issue. Seems like there should be an update function when uploading that I either missed or wasn't there.  

0 Upvotes
Mario_Barbosa
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Phill I really do that but it takes some time to delete all items and I was impatient....

Regards

Mario

silsolvaughan
Participant

SOLVE

I had the same issue! many thanks!

0 Upvotes
MikeVigrass

SOLVE

I'm also trying to delete multiple contacts. I messed up while importing and now have many duplicate contacts that I need to fix. I would like to just delete them all and re-import everything correctly, but when I try to do the bulk delete as described, the delete button stays greyed out. Any ideas on what to do next. I really don't want to delete and recreate my account.

Thanks,

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @MikeVigrass,

That sounds like it could be a permissions issue. See bulk delete listed here.

I'd recommend checking with your super admin to get that changed if that setting is disabled for you.

Hope that helps!

0 Upvotes