CRM

Edyta7510
Guide

Customizing deal cards

SOLVE

Hello, 

I've been trying to find a way how to go beyond the "standard" customization of deal cards - for various internal reasons, we'll need to show amount from product line item on the card. (it's always one product line per deal for us). 

I don't want the team to oblige to enter this manually in the deal name. 

The options to edit cards as below are very limited though. 

Any known tricks? 

Thanks!

edit-cards.png

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Customizing deal cards

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

This is unfortunately a limitation of HubSpot. You could get creative with a workflow like the one I drafted below:

karstenkoehler_0-1618990896676.png

This would have the obvious issue that repeated enrollment would result in deals name like "New Deal with ACME (1000€)", then "New Deal with ACME (1000€) (1500€)", then "New Deal with ACME (1000€) (1500€) (2000€)". However, if you can find another way to assemble the Deal name without relying on the Deal name itself, you could make this work.

This depends on your deal naming convention. If it includes the company name, you could copy the company object's name into a custom deal property called Company name. You could then "re-assemble" the deal name anew evertime the amount is updated, by concatenating Company Name and Deal amount.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Customizing deal cards

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

I don't know of any ways to enforce a naming convention for manually created deals but yes, once a deal name is known, you could enroll a deal in a deal-based workflow to overwrite whatever name was chosen, following the same logic from my earlier reply.

You would then re-enroll the deal into the naming workflow whenever one of the building blocks of the name is changed (all deal properties used as tokens in the Deal name would be enrollment criteria, "is known", and used for re-enrollment). This would ensure that updates to company name, product and billing period are always reflected in the name.

Keep in mind that you can only use deal properties as tokens. The company name for example would have to be copied from a company property into a custom deal property first, as I mentioned in my first post.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Customizing deal cards

SOLVE

Nice, have a great day, @Edyta7510!

Karsten Köhler

Edyta7510
Guide

Customizing deal cards

SOLVE

Thanks a lot @karstenkoehler 

I have created that custom deal property that copies the name of the associated company, it's very useful for reporting in general as well!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Customizing deal cards

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

I don't know of any ways to enforce a naming convention for manually created deals but yes, once a deal name is known, you could enroll a deal in a deal-based workflow to overwrite whatever name was chosen, following the same logic from my earlier reply.

You would then re-enroll the deal into the naming workflow whenever one of the building blocks of the name is changed (all deal properties used as tokens in the Deal name would be enrollment criteria, "is known", and used for re-enrollment). This would ensure that updates to company name, product and billing period are always reflected in the name.

Keep in mind that you can only use deal properties as tokens. The company name for example would have to be copied from a company property into a custom deal property first, as I mentioned in my first post.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Customizing deal cards

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

This is unfortunately a limitation of HubSpot. You could get creative with a workflow like the one I drafted below:

karstenkoehler_0-1618990896676.png

This would have the obvious issue that repeated enrollment would result in deals name like "New Deal with ACME (1000€)", then "New Deal with ACME (1000€) (1500€)", then "New Deal with ACME (1000€) (1500€) (2000€)". However, if you can find another way to assemble the Deal name without relying on the Deal name itself, you could make this work.

This depends on your deal naming convention. If it includes the company name, you could copy the company object's name into a custom deal property called Company name. You could then "re-assemble" the deal name anew evertime the amount is updated, by concatenating Company Name and Deal amount.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

EHirsch
Participant

Customizing deal cards

SOLVE

This is a great idea. I would like to create a workflow to combine the deal name and company name on one line.  When I use the set property options I can only choose a deal property and the company name is not available. Do you know how I would setup "Deal Name Company Name" ?

Edyta7510
Guide

Customizing deal cards

SOLVE

HI @EHirsch as you can see on my post from April 15, I have created a custom deal property that copies the name of the associated company. This helps me in many ways and it should answer your question. 

Edyta7510
Guide

Customizing deal cards

SOLVE

Thanks a lot @karstenkoehler Very helpful as always! Your answer actually triggered another question/idea in my mind. There are some bits and pieces about it on this community, but I wasn't able to find the exact answer. 

Is there a way to automate the deal name for manually created deals? I guess not really 🤔 But it could be overwritten with workflow (I assume). 

End result is to make sure naming convention (in our case Company name - Product - Billing Period) could be maintained for 100% records. 

0 Upvotes