CRM

L-A-Horner
Participant

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE

Hello, I have tried looking in the forum for answers for being able to custimize yhe lead status options that are set as default but haven't had much luck. First of all is this possible? secondly, if not, do you think this is something worth adding? 

1 Accepted solution
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE

Hi @L-A-Horner 

Yes. Customizing the lead status is possible. And, yes, since it is not possible to change the Lifecycle Stage, many of our clients use the customizable Lead Status to fit their needs.

To customize the Lead Status:

1. Click the Settings icon (the gear) on the upper right side of the main navigation.

2. In the left-side Settings menu select Properties

3. Search for the Property: Lead Status

Property_settings.png

4. Adjust the Lead Status Labels, Internal Value to fit your situation/business. 

Property_settings.png

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to help the rest of the community.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
willsmith

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE

Is it possible that you changed this in the contact property instead of changing it in the company property? 

CleanShot 2020-10-29 at 17.54.23.png

There is both a lead status property for contacts and a lead status property for companies, make sure you are editing the correct one. 
I hope this helps. 
-Will

CRCAOps
Participant

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE
Thank you, I didn't realize that was where we needed to separate contact versus company. I'll attempt the changes again
0 Upvotes
CRCAOps
Participant

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE
I am having the issue of not seeing the changes made to the 'Lead Status' categories on my company pulldown selection. I do not see where I can ensure it was placed under contracts versus companies. Please help!
willsmith
Solution

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE

Hi @L-A-Horner 

Yes. Customizing the lead status is possible. And, yes, since it is not possible to change the Lifecycle Stage, many of our clients use the customizable Lead Status to fit their needs.

To customize the Lead Status:

1. Click the Settings icon (the gear) on the upper right side of the main navigation.

2. In the left-side Settings menu select Properties

3. Search for the Property: Lead Status

Property_settings.png

4. Adjust the Lead Status Labels, Internal Value to fit your situation/business. 

Property_settings.png

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to help the rest of the community.

Thank you!

Prabsmj
Participant

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE

hi @willsmith 

How do we reset the lead status property for contacts to HubSpot default?

0 Upvotes
manuelkobel
Participant

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE

Hi Will,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Adding the additional field worked for me, but unfortunately the new field does not show in the drop down menu when editing a company.

Do you happen to know what I did wrong?

2020-06-17 13_38_39-Eigenschaftseinstellungen.png

Thanks a lot,

Manuel

willsmith

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE

Hi Manuel,

Hmmm.... let's take a look at this. It could be as simple as just refreshing your browser. In case it is not, can you send me a screenshot of what the dropdown currently looks like? Thank you!

0 Upvotes
manuelkobel
Participant

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE

Hi Will,

I think it's not that straightforward unfortunately. I've created the extra option yesterday and today another colleague of mine pointed out, that he can't see the option - on a different device, which rules cookies out. I can't see it either.

Here the current drop-down:

2020-06-17 14_41_12-Momox.png

The new field should be right before "Schlechtes Timing".

I also tried to select / unselect the button on the right in the field creation dialogue. My last option would be to delete the field, but I only found a way to delete all fields at once, which is not my intention.

Is there maybe a limit to the number of options that are displayed?

Cheers,

Manuel

0 Upvotes
willsmith

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE

Is it possible you adjusted the lead status for contacts rather than the lead status for a companies? I've done this before and have found it incredibly frustrating to troubleshoot. 
I apologize for the simple answer, but I am looking into this a little deeper and thought maybe this could be it. Take a look while I explore this further. Thanks!

One more thing, I find it strange that you can't delete selected properties but need to delete them all at once. Can you perform an action like this?

Property_settings.png

manuelkobel
Participant

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE

Hi Will,

spot on with both your guesses. 🙂 Thank you very much.

I really edited the contact field instead of the company field and I simply didn't see the button to delete options. I was  too focused on the buttons below the fields. 

I very much appreciate your help! Thanks again.

All the best,

Manuel

L-A-Horner
Participant

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE

HI @willsmith 

Yes this definitely helps, thank you very much for your response.

Thanks

Lewis 

0 Upvotes
willsmith

Customize Lead Status

SOLVE

Hi @L-A-Horner 

Awesome! Glad it helped. Can you take a moment to mark it as a solution so that others who may be asking the same question can easily find the answer? 

Thank you!