CRM

PLarrett

Customer relationship tracked through pipeline

SOLVE

Hello,

i have a sales pipeline which we use to track the sales progress specific to projects we're trying to land but i've got a separate pipeline for my architectural reps.  Their goal is to establish and develop relationships with architects (which doesn't involve revenue tracking).  I would like to use this pipeline to track the relationship progress with that company (initial contact / meeting scheduled / meeting complete / follow up/ etc).  Right now, the only way i see to do it is having the company set up and then creating a deal with that company name.  It would be nice if we could just assign the company into the deal pipeline.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Appreciate the feedback

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PLarrett,

In Professional subscriptions, HubSpot only has pipelines for deals and tickets, companies can't be moved through pipelines. You would have to pick one (deal or ticket) and simply use it for tracking relationships with architects.

Keep in mind that this might throw off HubSpot's automatically maintained properties like Number of associated deals on other objects. If you have automation based on those properties, I'd recommend reviewing them.

Personally, I'm constantly misusing ticket pipelines for things they're not meant for. It's a great way to realize some use cases. You just need to make sure everyone involved understands that it's called a ticket in HubSpot but you, as a company, define it differently for this use case.

Best regards!

PS. In Enterprise subscriptions, there are custom objects which give you more flexibility and would let you name an additional object: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/use-custom-objects

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PLarrett,

In Professional subscriptions, HubSpot only has pipelines for deals and tickets, companies can't be moved through pipelines. You would have to pick one (deal or ticket) and simply use it for tracking relationships with architects.

Keep in mind that this might throw off HubSpot's automatically maintained properties like Number of associated deals on other objects. If you have automation based on those properties, I'd recommend reviewing them.

Personally, I'm constantly misusing ticket pipelines for things they're not meant for. It's a great way to realize some use cases. You just need to make sure everyone involved understands that it's called a ticket in HubSpot but you, as a company, define it differently for this use case.

Best regards!

PS. In Enterprise subscriptions, there are custom objects which give you more flexibility and would let you name an additional object: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/use-custom-objects

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.