CRM

tadelmeyer
Participant

Custom property file upload gone?

SOLVE

Hi everyone!

I was wondering wether the custom property field type for file uploads is gone. 

When editing or creating a property this field type is no longer in the list.

In my specific case I want to add such a field to deals.

According to the wiki this field type is only avaible in contact properties but I cant even find it in contacts.

field types dropdown 1field types dropdown 1field types dropdown 2field types dropdown 2

Best regards

Thomas

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @tadelmeyer

The property type is still available in my portals and is just called 'File'. Not sure what it might have been translated to. 

However, as you mention, this is only supported by the contact object and not by deals. 

But all objects support file attachments, which you can upload from the record in your portal. 

This is described here: How do I add or remove an attachment from a contact, company or deal?

Does this help?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @tadelmeyer and everyone,

Good news, there is a product update that makes working with file upload fields a lot easier.

CRM Platform | Companies | Tickets | Deals | Contacts

Improved file property experience in the CRM

Mar 25, 2024

What is it?

Today, you can create a custom file property in the CRM. In forms, visitors can upload files as part of their submission.

Now, you will be able to upload and manage files using a custom file property in the CRM, enabling you to more seamlessly manage files across the CRM platform.

Why does it matter?

These enhancements to custom file properties will improve file management in HubSpot. Some examples of how they can be used:

• Requiring that a purchase agreement is attached to every new deal created using the Create Deal form
  • Requiring a file property based on the value of another property using Conditional Property Logic
  • Requiring a contract to be uploaded to a file property when Deal Stage = Closed/Won
  • Uploading a CV to a Contact record, and control which users can access that property ('CV') using Field-Level Permissions

How does it work?

Object Settings > Properties > Create Property > File

Demo

For previously existing file properties, HubSpot will attempt to resolve existing values on file properties and show them as preview links in the file manager. Unresolved values will be highlighted in red, noting that the value doesn’t appear to reference a file.

Limitations to keep in mind:

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers

Learn More:

Join the discussion on our Community

Learn more on the Knowledge Base

You can find this public beta here:

karstenkoehler_0-1711429786079.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
apexpred
Contributor

SOLVE

Similar issue, I added a propety to contacts with the type file upload, but I don't get the option to upload a file to the contact? 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @tadelmeyer

The property type is still available in my portals and is just called 'File'. Not sure what it might have been translated to. 

However, as you mention, this is only supported by the contact object and not by deals. 

But all objects support file attachments, which you can upload from the record in your portal. 

This is described here: How do I add or remove an attachment from a contact, company or deal?

Does this help?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
Jon7746
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having a similar issue. Ticket Properties don't give you the File option, only Contact Properties. 

brysonh
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, we need a custom property/field of type attachment that can be added to deals.  This wil allow us to add Contracts and other files to a deal.

tadelmeyer
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your answer! The file upload type is still not avaible. Not even for contact properties. Maybe it's only avaible for pro / premium user.

What I want to do is to create a file upload field for deals called "proposal". When the deal gets moved to the deal stage "proposal sent" the field should be mandatory. Without the ability to create such fields for deals this would only be possible via attachments or notes with an attached file.

Best regards

Thomas