CRM

SAmberley

Custom field for Referrer not appearing on all users

SOLVE

Hello- I am the admin for our Hubspot, and I worked out how to create a custom field to track my referral source in each deal. 

However, my VA, who I have also invited to log-in, does not see this field in the deals. 

So two questions: 

1. Does anyone know why she doesn't see this field? 

2. Is this the best way to track referral source?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SAmberley,

Custom properties are not included in the deal sidebar automatically. Here's how HubSpot users can select the properties to show under the About section in a record: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/select-properties-to-show-under-the-about-section-in-a-record

Is the referral source something you're planning on tracking manually? If yes, then a custom property is a good way of doing so.

HubSpot automatically maintains Original source data fields, see here, which might also be interesting for you. You can find an explanation of how these source drill-down properties work here.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SAmberley,

Custom properties are not included in the deal sidebar automatically. Here's how HubSpot users can select the properties to show under the About section in a record: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/select-properties-to-show-under-the-about-section-in-a-record

Is the referral source something you're planning on tracking manually? If yes, then a custom property is a good way of doing so.

HubSpot automatically maintains Original source data fields, see here, which might also be interesting for you. You can find an explanation of how these source drill-down properties work here.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.