CRM

ZYoung

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE

I have scoured the posts and resources and have yet to find something I can understand:

My main goal is to import data from multiple sources, my issue occurs when I import contacts and then another object Hubspot does not associate things properly. 

The data I import has a unique idenitifer that I would like to use to help connect these various imports back to the customer.

I only have the starter plan so I know that maybe this feature is outside of my capabilities but it would certainly be amazing if there was some way to make this work.

Warmly,

Zach

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE

Hi @ZYoung,

Could you elaborate which object types you're importing and which associations you'd like to establish? For importing multiple objects, you can find sample import files here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-your-import-file#multiple-objects-with-associations

When importing and associating in two files, each file represents an object. To identify which records should be associated across the files, include a common column in both. One of your files should have a unique value for each row in this column. In the other file, use those values to indicate which record each row should be associated with. If I understand you correctly, this should be your unique identifier.

If you want to use your unique identifier for other purposes as well, e.g. deduplication in HubSpot (upon import and later) then that's not possible natively. In that case, you might want to look into third-party solutions which offer a wider range of features for deduplication and import, such as Insycle.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

rachelmuradyan
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE
10 Replies 10
rachelmuradyan
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE
AGarcia905
Participant

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE

Is there a way to opt-in to this Beta? It would really be helpful for our company to use a different unique identifier, at the company level, other than the domain name or record id. We keep getting our records flagged, or not imported, because some companies have the same parent company domain being used. 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE

Hi @AGarcia905,

Thanks for reaching out!

I wanted to share this help article with instructions on how to opt into a BETA feature. 

One thing to note is that you must be a Super Admin in order to opt-in to BETA features. 

Hope this helps 🙂 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
AGarcia905
Participant

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE

Hi Kristen, Thanks for your response! That was helpful. When we went in to find this particular Beta to opt-into, we couldn't find it. Is there addtional steps we would need to take in order to be considered for it, or for it to populate as an option? Thanks.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE

Hi @AGarcia905,

You're very welcome! 

If it's not available under the beta features you can opt in to, you would need to wait until the feature is public 🙂

Hope this helps!

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
AGarcia905
Participant

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE

Hi. Would you happen to know when the feature will be made available?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE

Hi @AGarcia905,

Thanks for reaching out! Hope all is well 🙂 

Unfortunately, I do not have knowledge of when this feature will be made public. I would recommend keeping an eye on HubSpot updates in-app and on our What's New page. Hope these resources help 🙂

Best,

Kristen

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE

Exciting!

Thank you for sharing this update with the Community, @rachelmuradyan

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE

Hi @ZYoung,

Could you elaborate which object types you're importing and which associations you'd like to establish? For importing multiple objects, you can find sample import files here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-your-import-file#multiple-objects-with-associations

When importing and associating in two files, each file represents an object. To identify which records should be associated across the files, include a common column in both. One of your files should have a unique value for each row in this column. In the other file, use those values to indicate which record each row should be associated with. If I understand you correctly, this should be your unique identifier.

If you want to use your unique identifier for other purposes as well, e.g. deduplication in HubSpot (upon import and later) then that's not possible natively. In that case, you might want to look into third-party solutions which offer a wider range of features for deduplication and import, such as Insycle.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Custom Unique Identifier

SOLVE

Hi @ZYoung,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you be able to elaborate on the unique identifier you would like to use in the import? Is it a standard unique identifier such as a contact ID or a custom unique identifier? The more information and screenshots you can include, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes