CRM

JohnEspelien

Custom Property Question

SOLVE

Hey there, I'm trying to create a custom property similar to the following..

On the Company page, I want to include a calculation of the amount of all deals that have a contract end date later than today (contract end date and amount are both on the deal)
It is possible to include a calculation across objects, but contract start and end date aren't in the list for some reason

My question is why can't I add a condition for the contract start/end dates. The list of fields seems almost random that I can pick.. Is there a setting, or something In need to do in order to make those fields available?
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Custom Property Question

SOLVE

Hi @JohnEspelien,

Currently calculated properties are specific to number properties, which are different from date properties. The list of properties you are seeing should be those that are number properties.

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
joshua-paul
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Custom Property Question

SOLVE

John, if it is not 100% necessary to have this data on the company record, you might be better off creating a report that totals the deal amount (filtered by your date requirements and grouped by company). The catch is that if you have a ton of companies with contracts that end after today, the report can get cumbersome. Good luck!

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Custom Property Question

SOLVE

Hi @JohnEspelien,

Currently calculated properties are specific to number properties, which are different from date properties. The list of properties you are seeing should be those that are number properties.

Thank you,
Jenny