CRM

Jenny26
Top Contributor

Custom Object Pipeline - sort by owner?

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

In the deals view, it's super easy to sort by deal owner by selecting a HubSpot user (see below). 

2022-11-22_13-15-59.png

Any ideas on how we could do this in the Custom Object view? When creating a custom object, the only property types available for the primary/secondary properties are number and field text (see image below). I know we can filter on "owner' - I'm just wondering if there is a way to add this feature. Thanks!

2022-11-22_13-22-02.png

1 Accepted solution
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hey @Jenny26 

To the best of my knowledge the view for custom objects has always been slightly different from the standard object view, namely by missing the "owner" filter. I am not sure if this is itentionally done by HubSpot (I could create a custom object without an owner property) or an oversight, maybe @coldrickjack has some insights? 

I am also not aware that the actual views menu can be hacked/customised to include the owner filter. However you could create a shared custom view filter that users can just apply. 

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 09.36.10.png

Let me know if that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hey @Jenny26 

To the best of my knowledge the view for custom objects has always been slightly different from the standard object view, namely by missing the "owner" filter. I am not sure if this is itentionally done by HubSpot (I could create a custom object without an owner property) or an oversight, maybe @coldrickjack has some insights? 

I am also not aware that the actual views menu can be hacked/customised to include the owner filter. However you could create a shared custom view filter that users can just apply. 

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 09.36.10.png

Let me know if that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
Jenny26
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you, Frank! We'll do the custom view - I appreciate your time in replying!

0 Upvotes