CRM

MMUNTZ
Contributor

Custom Meeting

SOLVE

We report on joint sales calls with our manufacturer reps.  We need to associate a customer contact with a manufacturer contact to our meeting.  How do you suggest we do that?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Custom Meeting

SOLVE

Hi @MMUNTZ,

On the CRM record, you can edit the meeting entry to add more attendees to a meeting:

karstenkoehler_0-1652847957783.png

Once you're in edit mode, the "Attendees" option lets you specify who you'd like to add.

This alone would not let you distinguish whether the contact is a customer or a manufacturer. That's where association labels come in: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-and-use-association-labels

Once you've defined these labels (either for companies or for deals), you can reference them in custom reports. (This feature has been added recently.) In other words, you could then create a custom report on sales activities ( = meetings) and contacts who have the label "Manufacturer" for certain companies / deals.

Since this requires custom reports, it's only possible in Professional subscriptions. In the free CRM or in Starter subscriptions, it can't be done.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Custom Meeting

SOLVE

Hi @MMUNTZ,

On the CRM record, you can edit the meeting entry to add more attendees to a meeting:

karstenkoehler_0-1652847957783.png

Once you're in edit mode, the "Attendees" option lets you specify who you'd like to add.

This alone would not let you distinguish whether the contact is a customer or a manufacturer. That's where association labels come in: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-and-use-association-labels

Once you've defined these labels (either for companies or for deals), you can reference them in custom reports. (This feature has been added recently.) In other words, you could then create a custom report on sales activities ( = meetings) and contacts who have the label "Manufacturer" for certain companies / deals.

Since this requires custom reports, it's only possible in Professional subscriptions. In the free CRM or in Starter subscriptions, it can't be done.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.