CRM

mdrnd
Participant

Custom Funnel Report for the Deal Pipeline

SOLVE

Hi there,

I've create a custom funnel report that shows Deals in the Transactions pipeline that have progressed through ALL of the selected stages.

However when I look at the close won deals I have more than 500 but in the custom funnel report it only shows 50 deals as closed won.

I assume that the deals are only shown in the custom funnel when they progress through all the stages. My question is that how I can see the skipped stages? Is there anyway to see when a stage is created? There might be newly created stages or a sales rep simply skips a stage and jumps into another one.

Thanks for the help.

1 Accepted solution
CWardle
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @mdrnd! From what you've said, it does sound to me like the deals aren't progressing through all of your stages. What you could do to begin investigating is go into one of the deals you cannot see populating in the report and filter the activity record to have only "Deal Activity" updates showing. I believe if a stage is deleted or changed, the stage title appears as blank object when editing the funnel report, however using the record filter will allow you to easily see if a rep is skipping stages. 

Hope that's at least a good starting point for you, good luck! 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
CWardle
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @mdrnd! From what you've said, it does sound to me like the deals aren't progressing through all of your stages. What you could do to begin investigating is go into one of the deals you cannot see populating in the report and filter the activity record to have only "Deal Activity" updates showing. I believe if a stage is deleted or changed, the stage title appears as blank object when editing the funnel report, however using the record filter will allow you to easily see if a rep is skipping stages. 

Hope that's at least a good starting point for you, good luck! 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mdrnd 

Probably the first thing to do is change your deals funnel report, or create another one, that shows deals that have gone through any stage, not all the ones in the report. 

You can read about this here: Contacts or deals that have gone through all stages 

That should show you all the deals you are missing - as long as your filters are correct. 

To see which stages were skipped, I think you will have to look at indiviudal deals. And I don't think there is a way in the UI to see when a new stage was created. 

Hopefully, the adjusted report will solve the issuse for you. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency