Custom Etities with in Hubspot CRM

bacongroup

Is there a way to create a custom entity with the ability to associate it with a 'Company' or 'Contact' within Hubspot CRM?

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey there! Could you clarify exactly what you mean by custom entitiy? It is possible to create custom properties, as outlined in this Knowledge Base article: How do I create a property in the CRM. Let me know if thise helps and/or dwer your question, happy to help 🙂

0 Upvotes
bacongroup

At the moment the system has companies and contacts. I want to be able to create a new entity called 'buildings' with its own data such as name, address, type etc and then associate that with a company and a contact.

Snaedis
HubSpot Product Team

It's currently not possible to do what you're describing. Depending on the use case, you may find Deals to be helpful, or using the Companies tool to track something a little different, like buildings. You can then create custom company properties like roisinkirby said, using the directions in the link she provided. 

If you're not sure how to proceed, please detail a specific example to get the most concrete suggestions. 

Snaedis Valsdottir
Associate Product Manager, CMS Publishing
patrickdorival

Hi Snaedis

Is this still the case or has something been done in this regard?

We are currently looking to move from Dynamics CRM over to Hubspot and this is basically the only roadblock to doing that as we need to have a very separate entity that is related to Contacts and Deals

0 Upvotes
Snaedis
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Patrick,

Yes, it's still the case that you cannot create custom entities/object in HubSpot, though there have been some changes since my original reply in 2016 (notably there are now Tickets, which can be associated in similar ways to Deals).

Can you tell me a bit more about what you're trying to achieve? 

Snaedis Valsdottir
0 Upvotes
brevigld

Hello Snaedis, 

I have the same question: most of the customers are dealing with assets, and I would like to assign an asset to a company and/or a contact. I am happy to build such thing, if this is possible in Hubspot. This will allow a contact/company to be allocated an asset, and the same for the asset itself. 

Looking forward to your feedback, 

David.

0 Upvotes
Snaedis
HubSpot Product Team

Hi David,

Currently, most customers in similar situations will use Tickets or Deals  to represent other things, even content assets (which it sounds like you're describing). That said, I'm interested in learning more about your use case and what you're needing to do - I'll send you a direct message to discuss further. 

- Snaedis

Snaedis Valsdottir
0 Upvotes