Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Currently in Sequence Property not filtering properly

Regular Contributor

I was trying to use filters on the Contacts screen to determine which of my contacts belonged to a custom property I created, Technology, and were not already enrolled in a sequence...so I could enroll them.

1. I added my filter, Technology is equal to Network Transformation and I got 1431 contacts...perfect.

2.  I added Currently in Sequence is equal to False....I got 2 contacts  

Something went wrong here because when I changed the filter:

3.  I changed Currently in Sequence is not equal to True...I got 1334 contacts...perfect

Why would the same logic just written differently give me different results.  Also, why does Currently in Sequence even offer "is not equal to"?

Please update and make the "is equal to" work properly when selecting True or False.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @Kmoloo

If you can send along the HubID for the portal you're working in, I can take a look at the contacts with filtering to see what is going on. 

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the assistance, it's Hub ID: 3070599

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Kmoloo,

Thank you for sharing that! 

I was able to take a look at what you are seeing, and this is what I have found for adding the sequence criteria after setting the technology is equal to network transformation. 

Currently enrolled in a sequence is equal to false: 1323 contacts

Currently enrolled in a sequence is not equal to true: 1362 contacts

The difference in due to the fact that there are some contacts that have no value for currently enrolled in a sequence (this will be the case if they have never been enrolled in a sequence). You can see this by looking at the 'currently enrolled in a sequence' column in the table view, and sorting from the bottom up. 

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this matter. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I haven't wrapped my head around it yet, but this is the response I got when I asked:

When using the filter "Now in Sequence is equal to True", this will pull in any contacts which are currently enrolled in a Sequence, whereas the filter "Now in Sequence is equal to False" will pull in contacts which had been enrolled in a Sequence, but have since been unenrolled.

With the filter "Now in Sequence is not equal to True" this will pull in contacts which have been in a Sequence and are now unenrolled, as well as contacts which have never been enrolled in a Sequence. The "Now in Sequence is not equal to False" will pull in contacts which have never been enrolled in a Sequence along with contacts which are currently enrolled in a Sequence.

0 Upvotes