CRM

jerrremy

Creating deals with multiple companies

SOLVE

Often, more than one company is involved in a deal. Is it possible to add multiple companies when creating a new deal? I see this question has been asked in the past, but the answer is >2 years old and I am wondering if anything has changed. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jerrremy

This is now possible! This is in early access and you can opt-in for early access to the new associations, more details in this knowledgebase article:

Associate multiple companies with a contact, deal, or ticket and use association labels

Hope this helps! If it does, you can make it easier for others to find this information by accepting my post as a solution.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jerrremy

This is now possible! This is in early access and you can opt-in for early access to the new associations, more details in this knowledgebase article:

Associate multiple companies with a contact, deal, or ticket and use association labels

Hope this helps! If it does, you can make it easier for others to find this information by accepting my post as a solution.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DSchmitt
Participant

SOLVE

This is now 2 years older and still no fix?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @DSchmitt, as @TiphaineCuisset mentioned, good news! Currently, the idea is in planning here.

I would recommend following the thread in the ideas forum as you can follow up on any progress to when the status changes.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

FSimpson
Participant

SOLVE

I'm also having this issue, and would like to be able to add multiple Companies to one Deal. 

We often expand one Deal into multiple geographies for which companies have different domains. It's still one Deal, but it involves serving our product to multiple companies.

Adding multiple contacts from the different companies to the Deal to keep track, doesn't solve this for us, as we often don't have (or need) contacts within the other companies. 

Other than duplicating Deals, has anyone come up with any other work-arounds?

F

(A solution to this would make a massive difference to how much of our Customer Success we're able to manage through Hubspot. At the moment it's limitations like this that are forcing us to consider moving our CS ops to a different platform.)

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @FSimpson 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot, I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this, it's currently in planning by our Product Team! You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
FSimpson
Participant

SOLVE

Fantastic. Thank you Tiphaine!

Ariolade
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same issue, I know I can add contacts and then associate them with the deal in their individual files but it will not attach their company with the deal only them. 

In some cases we won't have associated POC's ie GC, A/E firms etc just know that it is them so it would be nice to associate multiple companies with same deal.

Nick-Lutek
Participant

SOLVE

Did you ever figure this out?

Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jerrremy 

It is still only possible to associate one company with a deal. When you are logging emails and activities to the deal, however, you can associate them with more than one company. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Naomi1
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil and others,

We have the same problem. Our company needs to submit bids to multiple general contractors for the same job. The opportunity is only ONE "real" opportunity, but the eventual customer we will work with will be the general contractor who wins the bid with the end user.

My current thinking is that we should create multiple "Deals" for the same job so that each general contractor we have a relationship with has the Deal recorded as part of our history with them. So that the value of the pipeline is reported correctly, we would create one Deal with the end user as customer and record the dollar value of our opportunity. Then we would create a copy of that Deal for each GC we're bidding on, but record it as zero dollars. Finally, when the deal becomes Closed Lost or Closed Won, we would change the value of the opportunity to the actual accepted price only on the Deal associated with the contractor who awards us the job.

The only problem with that is that we can't seem to be able to duplicate a Deal. I would love to be able to right-click a "Deal" and clone it!

This can't be an unusual problem. How have others solved it?

kaylasdi
Participant

SOLVE

You can create a workflow to duplicate a deal. Here is how I solved it:

1) Added a deal property called "Duplicate Deal" with "Yes" as an option. 

Capture.JPG

2) Create a workflow where the trigger is selecting "Yes"

3) Select "Create Deal" as the result

4) Most time consuming part - "Set Property" for every deal poperty you want to copy over. 

You only have to do it once - it has saved me so much time overall. It's a fix at least, not exactly cloning but close.

Nick-Lutek
Participant

SOLVE

Naomi,

For now we are just adding an additionall contact to help keep track . It has worked pretty good for now. Once we recieve award we switch it to the final company record . Hubspot has not came up with a real fix as of yet .

hope this helps 

Nick

0 Upvotes