Creating deal under contact changed - no longer ties the company to the deal, nor launches deal
Dec 19, 2019 8:00 AM
This JUST happened with the latest updates this week... and all of my reps who have been using this for years are frustated as **bleep** and missing things that once we default options. HOW DID THIS CHANGE? It just made all my reps have to make additional selections and now my reporting doesn't work.
To make my team more efficient, we create a deals underneath the contact that is the primary POC for that deal. We would simply click "add deal"... the side window would pop out... we'd answer the minimum required questions to actually create a deal... and then click save. At this point, the deal would launch in the window and they could work the deal further.
The reason for doing this? If we create the deal under the contact it would...
- Automatically add the primary POC to the deal
- Automatically add the POC's company to the deal
- Launch the deal to finalize the detals (like pricing items on products, shipping info if it was available, make notes, send emails, ETC).
This then guaranteed that my reports on companies were accurate, fewer options had to be selected to ensure i'm getting the information I need as the one in charge of sales & marketing, and provide a streamlined process to my team to follow that reduced their time entering data VS actually selling.
Now my reps have been following the same steps and here's what is happening...
- They navigate to the primary POC
- They click the "add deal" button which has now moved above the DEALS section on the right side (no big deal)
- The side window pops up
- They fill in the same require / minimum info to create a deal
- The company the contact belongs to is NO LONGER AUTOMATICALLY SELECTED - they've glazed over this part on over 50 deals in a matter of days
- They then click save to work the deal further, but they are just redirected to the contact instead. Now they have to find the deal on the right side and launch it. That's a pain since some of my customers have have 20-30 deals a month. Now they have to search... and no it hasn't been the first one on the list.
This was a basic and hugely helpful part of working deals in Hubspot. Why would that change? What is the benefit? This is now creating excess work for my team to go back and correct the missed info, its made them less efficient in the long run because of additional clicks / page loading time, and now i have to retrain them / document my processes that i require of them. Creating a workflow isn't the answer here... switch it back to what it was.