Creating deal under contact changed - no longer ties the company to the deal, nor launches deal

EgginEgginEggin
Participant

This JUST happened with the latest updates this week... and all of my reps who have been using this for years are frustated as **bleep** and missing things that once we default options. HOW DID THIS CHANGE? It just made all my reps have to make additional selections and now my reporting doesn't work.

DETAILS:

To make my team more efficient, we create a deals underneath the contact that is the primary POC for that deal. We would simply click "add deal"... the side window would pop out... we'd answer the minimum required questions to actually create a deal... and then click save. At this point, the deal would launch in the window and they could work the deal further.

The reason for doing this? If we create the deal under the contact it would...

• Automatically add the primary POC to the deal
  • Automatically add the POC's company to the deal
  • Launch the deal to finalize the detals (like pricing items on products, shipping info if it was available, make notes, send emails, ETC).

This then guaranteed that my reports on companies were accurate, fewer options had to be selected to ensure i'm getting the information I need as the one in charge of sales & marketing, and provide a streamlined process to my team to follow that reduced their time entering data VS actually selling.

THE ISSUE:

Now my reps have been following the same steps and here's what is happening...

• They navigate to the primary POC
  • They click the "add deal" button which has now moved above the DEALS section on the right side (no big deal)
  • The side window pops up
  • They fill in the same require / minimum info to create a deal
    • The company the contact belongs to is NO LONGER AUTOMATICALLY SELECTED - they've glazed over this part on over 50 deals in a matter of days
  • They then click save to work the deal further, but they are just redirected to the contact instead. Now they have to find the deal on the right side and launch it. That's a pain since some of my customers have have 20-30 deals a month. Now they have to search... and no it hasn't been the first one on the list.

This was a basic and hugely helpful part of working deals in Hubspot. Why would that change? What is the benefit? This is now creating excess work for my team to go back and correct the missed info, its made them less efficient in the long run because of additional clicks / page loading time, and now i have to retrain them / document my processes that i require of them. Creating a workflow isn't the answer here... switch it back to what it was.

11 Replies 11
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@EgginEgginEggin While I have no answers for you, it would be helpful to  know certain things:

your subscription level

the way your reps are accessing hubspot - pc; mac; mobile

what browser is used

does this happen to all reps on all browsers including incognito

EgginEgginEggin
Participant

Here's the requested info...

• Subscription Level: see screen shot
  • How reps are accessing: PC primarily (mobile is used as well, but only for "light work")
  • Browser: All browsers (Edge, IE, and Chrome). Chrome is our company default.
  • Effected people: All users

Hubspot account.JPG

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@EgginEgginEggin  I use Free CRM and when I click on a contact (me) and create a deal, the company is added.

@jennysowyrda  this is very odd.

Untitled.png

0 Upvotes
EgginEgginEggin
Participant

Does the deal launch when you click save? Or does it revert back to the contact?

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@EgginEgginEggin just tried. goes back to the contact and I believe that has always been the way for me. 

You want it like when creating a contact for a company and then the save bring you to the contact.  I never had that with deals.

It may be a feature of your subscription.  What does the help desk say?

0 Upvotes
EgginEgginEggin
Participant

Previously, you would create a deal (or contact or company) and it would launch when you press save. I have a training video that i created showing this happening from a few weeks ago. Pretty sure this isn't a special feature as I've had this functionality for several years with 4 different companies with different subscription levels. Thought i would start here for help before going to the help desk... I'll keep you all posted.

Minamizawa
Participant

Experiencing same problem after the update this week. It is just plain bothersome with too many extra clicks to create a deal in order to associate the company manually every time when it used to be done automatically. 

KCampbell
HubSpot Employee

Hi @EgginEgginEggin ,

Let's dive right in! To start, I can confirm that this is in fact a bug within the new Timeline tools. Our Product Team is working on a fix for this that should be released later today! Keep an eye out for updates on this!

All the best,
Kevin Campbell
HubSpot Support

gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@KCampbell what is the timeline for the update and what subscription levels will this effect?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
KCampbell
HubSpot Employee

@gelflex-cc ,

This is affecting users who are using the new timeline tools, which isn't subscription-specific. Whille I don't have an exact timeline on the fix, I have been told that it should be in place by end of day. It never hurts to ask though!

All the best,
Kevin Campbell
HubSpot Support

0 Upvotes
foss99
Participant

Hi @EgginEgginEggin did this ever get fixed? It's doing the same for me.

1. add new deal and associate with contact.

2. the deal shows on the contact view but not on the company view.

did you find a workaround?

cheers

ben

0 Upvotes