CRM

Totallockout

Creating contact categories

SOLVE

I successfully created a custom property for my contacts, as a dropdown pick list. The idea is to assign the contact with a product category that they have inquired about.

But how do I get this dropdown to display on the contact entry?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
EmmaWashington
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Totallockout! To change what properties show on the contact record, check out this KBA on customizing record sidebars 🙂 

TLDR; Settings > Properties > Records Customization > Contact Record Left Sidebar.

EmmaWashington_0-1599056117993.png

Please note, this will change what everyone sees, so a best practice is to talk with your users to find out what properties are high value to them and they like seeing - is last activity date valuable for them? Or days to close?

Good luck!

Emma

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
EmmaWashington
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Totallockout! To change what properties show on the contact record, check out this KBA on customizing record sidebars 🙂 

TLDR; Settings > Properties > Records Customization > Contact Record Left Sidebar.

EmmaWashington_0-1599056117993.png

Please note, this will change what everyone sees, so a best practice is to talk with your users to find out what properties are high value to them and they like seeing - is last activity date valuable for them? Or days to close?

Good luck!

Emma

Cianodonoghue
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Totallockout 

Are you looking to display your new property on the contact record?

You can customize the 'About' tile of a contact to display the information that is important to you. 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/select-properties-to-show-under-the-about-section-in-a-record

Let me know if you need to display this information differently to the above?

Totallockout

SOLVE

Thanks for your advice.

Using the guidance in the previous reply I was able to achieve my goal. Here's a screenshot from the result.

Hubspot-Screenshot-01.jpg

rtomberlin

SOLVE

How can I add product catagory when I am manually creating a contact? 

0 Upvotes
EmmaWashington
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Excellent! 🤗

0 Upvotes