CRM

KostaKondratenk
Contributor

Creating a task on email from client (especially with potential deals) and put it ina que

SOLVE

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to create a task when emails are received into HubSpot CRM - so that I could go through them one by one and follow them up? I'd like to do all email responses one by one - and while I know I could technically reply back in my email application (I use Zoho Mail) - I find that sometimes the emails don't register if I don't reply within the HubSpot CRM. Being able to somehow see all the emails that came through my CRM contacts would be awesome - perhaps in some kind of 'Activity' pane.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Creating a task on email from client (especially with potential deals) and put it ina que

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: How to auto-create a task when emails are received into HubSpot CRM?

Short A: No built-in HubSpot functionality to achieve this result. However, ...

Longer A:

You may use your HubSpot 'Forwarding address' to forward specific emails into HubSpot. As these emails are forwarded, they can trigger a workflow to auto-create a task with a preset due date, so you will be reminded to follow-up automatically'.

Simiar result, but not totally automated.

Always happy to help. Reach out anytime if we can be of assistance with HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: How to auto-create a task when emails are received into HubSpot CRM?

Short A: No built-in HubSpot functionality to achieve this result. However, ...

Longer A:

You may use your HubSpot 'Forwarding address' to forward specific emails into HubSpot. As these emails are forwarded, they can trigger a workflow to auto-create a task with a preset due date, so you will be reminded to follow-up automatically'.

Simiar result, but not totally automated.

Always happy to help. Reach out anytime if we can be of assistance with HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Ben7
Contributor

SOLVE

So, please can you advise how to action your suggestion of:

"..they can trigger a workflow to auto-create a task with a preset due date, so you will be reminded to follow-up automatically'."

What trigger can I use to create a task from a forwarded email?

Many thanks...

0 Upvotes
KostaKondratenk
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi,

Wow - I just found this guide:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-fo...

And this is exactly what I was searching for. Right now HubSpot CRM receives an email into the system automatically if I send the original email from HubSpot and the customer replies - but if the customer sends fresh emails they're not logged.

Thanks a lot for your help!