CRM

gelflex-cc
Asesor destacado

Creating a shipping list to export containing contact and company information for deals

resolver

About me - I am using HubSpot Free CRM. I do not have workflows.  I have Admin privileges, not Super Admin. 

Goal - export a spreadsheet to use in conjunction with UPS, for shipping products to clients.   Required fields - product (same as deal name); salutation; contact first name; contact last name; company (aka); address 1; city; state and zip.

What do I want? - Looking for ideas, best practices

What am I doing? -  A. Creating a deal for each sample product.  B. Created custom fields with a date picker for each product under deals. This does not seem to provide an export with the information needed.  C. Created a custom field with date picker for shipping under contact. 

Complication 1 - as the company address is always the same for the contact, I do not have addresses in all contacts. The address fields for contacts are "hidden". 

Complication 2 - filters set up to gain the export need to be self-sufficient and not have the date range needing to be changed. 

Complication 3 - the process needs to be simple and repeatable. In a perfect world,  the "report" to be emailed daily to the person who ships. (ok I can dream)

@jennysowyrda @MFrankJohnson @Mike_Eastwood @Phil_Vallender  All Brainstorming welcome. Thank you!!!

1 Soluciones aceptada
Mike_Eastwood
Solución
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Gold

Creating a shipping list to export containing contact and company information for deals

resolver

Hi Chris

We use lists for anything that requires "cross object" relationships.

If you do a standard filter you can't access other objects i.e. a Contact can't access the Associated Company Properties.

I would create a list, by Contact, with the Company address details as custom columns.

Have fun

Mike

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
Mike_Eastwood
Solución

resolver

Hi Chris

We use lists for anything that requires "cross object" relationships.

If you do a standard filter you can't access other objects i.e. a Contact can't access the Associated Company Properties.

I would create a list, by Contact, with the Company address details as custom columns.

Have fun

Mike

GMAT10
Participante

resolver

So if I understand you, a mailing list cannot generate from companies? It can only be from contacts?

Thank you,

Greg Mathews

0 Me gusta
gelflex-cc
Asesor destacado

resolver

@GMAT10 Hi Greg, it does not look like it from my free CRM for the purposes I am using it for.  

If you want a list with just a company then no problem. I need a specific contact and since the address is the same for the company and the contact, I did not add addresses for each contact.  

gelflex-cc
Asesor destacado

resolver

@Mike_Eastwood Hi Mike. Thanks for sharing.  

To clarify - what is a list vs a filter?

Thanks.

0 Me gusta