CRM

TMD25E
Participant

Creating a property or a product & Product scenarios

SOLVE

Hello!

I have a very complex situation here. I'm going to give a bit of context.

I'm trying to set-up HubSpot for a movie production company.

Every year, we submit our films to festivals.

For the process, I created "Festivals" types of Company. I have over 400 festivals datas imported.

I have 4 properties for Festivals.

1. Themes of the Festival (ecology; social; feminist; adventure; etc.)
  2. Submission date limit
  3. Submission phase: submitted, not qualified; not submitted, waiting for confirmation.
  4. Beginning of the festival.

The most important property here is the "Submission phase", and I think I didn't set it up on the correct place.

Now, since we have a lot of movies, I'd like to have the Submission property by film on each Company (Festivals) entry.

So far, I thought about creating Films as Products.

1. Would it be possible to create Products property on a Company sheets and pick "Submitted", "Won the Prize"; "Nominated"; et cetera ?
  2. Another question: can I create difference scenarios per Products ? (For example, one scenario would be the Submission; another one would be Distribution in Movie Theaters (track tickets bought for the movie); DVDs sells; etc).

How should I proceed ? Please help! If you have any questions, I'll give as much infos as I can.

I have HubSpot free with a trial. We're considering the Sales subscription and have an appointment in a month to decide with my boss.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi  @TMD25E,

I'd recommend approaching this from a different angle. I would definitely set up festivals as company records, that makes sense. However I think that deal records are much better suited for the actual submissions, since they go through multiple stages and can eventually win (or lose). The deal (and ticket) objects have this phase logic while companies and contacts are static in that sense.

The festival theme, festival date and submission deadline would be company properties.

The submission process (not submitted yet, submitted, waiting for confirmation, qualified, won, not qualified / not won) would be deal stages. Characteristics like "Nominated" or "Won" could be stored as information in the Closed won reason, a default deal property.

I wouldn't overcomplicate things and try and fit the films themselves into another object. Each film submitted to a festival would be its own deal.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi  @TMD25E,

I'd recommend approaching this from a different angle. I would definitely set up festivals as company records, that makes sense. However I think that deal records are much better suited for the actual submissions, since they go through multiple stages and can eventually win (or lose). The deal (and ticket) objects have this phase logic while companies and contacts are static in that sense.

The festival theme, festival date and submission deadline would be company properties.

The submission process (not submitted yet, submitted, waiting for confirmation, qualified, won, not qualified / not won) would be deal stages. Characteristics like "Nominated" or "Won" could be stored as information in the Closed won reason, a default deal property.

I wouldn't overcomplicate things and try and fit the films themselves into another object. Each film submitted to a festival would be its own deal.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TMD25E
Participant

SOLVE

Hello!

Thank you so much, you've been very helpful lately!

You're the best.

TMD