CRM

DarrenSimons
参加者

Creating a list of "bounced" contacts

In some contacts, I see a message that says "Contact has bounced globally" which I understand means that other CRM organisations have found the email address to be invalid.

How do I generate the list of all my contacts which that applies to?  I can't see it as a field in the contact, and the static list of Bounced Marketing emails only works for emails I have sent

This would be really useful to ensure I am cleaning my database.

Also, when sending marketing emails do emails to these contacts automatically get excluded?  I don't want to send to lots of invalid email addresses for risk of being potentially blocked.

7件の返信
RaoulKaterberg
参加者

Hi DarrenSimons,

Follow the plan below to identify global bounces.

1. Go to Marketing -> Email and select  “Email bounce tools”.
  2. Make an export of unsubscribes and bounce, select the option “include global bounces and unsubscribes”. 
  3. Now export the list, list will be send to your email and download the list from your mailbox.
  4. Make sure to order the data in columns, you do this by selecting row A -> Data -> text to column -> set “Comma” as the delimiter.
  5. Delete all rows except “Global bounce” and “Recipient” and change the name of column A “Recipient” to Email.
  6. Use find and replace in row B and change the value “HUBSPOT_GLOBAL_BOUNCE” for True.
  7. Use find and replace in row B and change the value “MAILBOX_FULL” for True.
  8. Use find and replace in row B and change the value “UNKNOWN_USER” for True.
  9. Import this file in HubSpot, the property “Global Bounce” can be used to filter global bounces.
kvlschaefer
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

This is great! Thanks for sharing, @RaoulKaterberg!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
DarrenSimons
参加者

Thank you for this.  Interestingly I thought I had done this via a filter but I didn't select the Email hard bounce reason general enough (i.e. "is known"). This has given me a lot more results which is good, and the protection point is noted.

However, I do still have some contacts where I see the message under contact regarding "Global bounce" which are not being captured by the process you described.  It appears the extract you have described here is triggered on a marketing email being sent by our instance of Hubspot, but is there a way to collect the data for all contacts.

The specific issue I have here is we have 500 email addresses from another internal platform which we want to move across, but I don't want to email those 500 to find out if their email address is correct when Hubspot is showing "global bounce".

Many thanks,

Darren

DPalilonis
参加者

@DarrenSimons have you found a good answer for this? I am having the exact same problem.

0 いいね!
maldao
メンバー

same problem!

the "hard bounce reason" filter is not enough to filter the "global bounce"

0 いいね!
DarrenSimons
参加者

No, sadly not.

AdamLPW
キーアドバイザー

Hi @DarrenSimons,

You're looking for "Email Hard Bounce Reason".  This KB article should see you right.

Also, "When contacts hard bounce on a marketing email, HubSpot drops them as recipients of future marketing emails. This protects your email sending reputation by preventing future bounces." (source).

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"