CRM

HowieC6
Participant

Creating a list based on Sequence Status

SOLVE

I'm trying to create a list based on the status of contacts in a sequence I created. Specifically, those that have "Sequence ended, no response" status.

Any ideas on how you do that?

2 Accepted solutions
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HowieC6 

It looks like this is not quite possible yet, rather it is an idea that has been submitted to HubSpot. I encourage you to upvote the idea here.

Depending upon how many contacts you have currently enrolled in a sequence, it may be beneficial to take a look at the Sales Content Analytics for sequences and create a list from there. While it will require a little manual work, at least this could get you started. 

Go to Reports > Analytics Tools > Sales Content Analytics then select the Sequences tab
Under status, select Sequence Ended, no response to generate a list. It would be great if HubSpot could then add an "export this list" or "add to list". Again, I encourage you to upvote the idea. 
I hope this helps. 
-Will

View solution in original post

willsmith
Solution

SOLVE

Depending upon what data points you need, I would simply open up a new window and create the list in HubSpot by adding the contacts manually to the list. 
Not as convenient as simply hitting an "export" button, but it should get you what you are looking for. 

If you haven't upvoted the idea I linked to in my previous response, please do so. The more we chat, the more I'm seeing the need for this as well. 
Thank you for bringing it up. 
I hope you're able to get the list you need without too much hassle. 
-Will

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
EdmundC

SOLVE

This is a bit hacky, but could you do it by creating an extra step in a sequence that creates a task?

You can build lists that filter by "task title" so if you had a task as the final step in the sequence with a title unique to that sequence, you could capture those people who made it all the way through the sequence (And thus ended up as "sequence ended, no response"

Won't help you for people who already made it through the sequence but will for future ones!

Chica_Dornellas

SOLVE

Hi @EdmundC !
This looks rather easy and it's a super nice tip! 
But can you be more specific on how to filter the list by "task title" - right now I'm not finding that option in any of the filters available and would really appreciate if you'd let me know! 

0 Upvotes
EdmundC

SOLVE

Took me a while to refind it! When creating a list, if you go on "Activity Properties" and then type in "title" it appears as an option nested under Tasks

0 Upvotes
willsmith

SOLVE

Thanks @EdmundC for the suggestion! I appreciate your contribution.

0 Upvotes
willsmith
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @HowieC6 

It looks like this is not quite possible yet, rather it is an idea that has been submitted to HubSpot. I encourage you to upvote the idea here.

Depending upon how many contacts you have currently enrolled in a sequence, it may be beneficial to take a look at the Sales Content Analytics for sequences and create a list from there. While it will require a little manual work, at least this could get you started. 

Go to Reports > Analytics Tools > Sales Content Analytics then select the Sequences tab
Under status, select Sequence Ended, no response to generate a list. It would be great if HubSpot could then add an "export this list" or "add to list". Again, I encourage you to upvote the idea. 
I hope this helps. 
-Will

HowieC6
Participant

SOLVE

@willsmith  - Thanks for the idea of using sales reports however when I get to the content reporting page, I can't find any filters for "Status" per your recommendation.  Can you share a bit more detail once I'm on this page?

Thank you - Howie

0 Upvotes
willsmith

SOLVE

Hi @HowieC6 

Once you get to the Sales Content Analytics Page, select the Sequences tab.

Sequence_Analytics___HubSpot.png

Next, select the sequence you'd like to see the data for. 

On the sequence data page, Status can be found about half-way down the page. 

Sequences___HubSpot.png

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist further. Take care!
-Will

0 Upvotes
HowieC6
Participant

SOLVE

@willsmith OK thanks gotcha.  Yes that makes sense and I've been on this specific sequence page before and filtered as you describe. 

So what you're saying is I'd have to manually drag over the records, copy/paste at his point the multiple pages of data into a csv and then re-upload to create a list.   Is that what you're suggesting?

Thanks again for your help.  /h/

willsmith
Solution

SOLVE

Depending upon what data points you need, I would simply open up a new window and create the list in HubSpot by adding the contacts manually to the list. 
Not as convenient as simply hitting an "export" button, but it should get you what you are looking for. 

If you haven't upvoted the idea I linked to in my previous response, please do so. The more we chat, the more I'm seeing the need for this as well. 
Thank you for bringing it up. 
I hope you're able to get the list you need without too much hassle. 
-Will